Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

OMG I never going to be able to escape. Can I drive across the border to Uruguay?

Does anyone know of any viable options for those of us on a tourist visa to leave the country legally via land borders and fly back to the US from another country (Chile, Peru)? I live in Jujuy, so under normal conditions it would be quick for me to just drive to Lima and fly from there....

Does anyone know of any viable options for those of us on a tourist visa to leave the country legally via land borders and fly back to the US from another country (Chile, Peru)? I live in Jujuy, so under normal conditions it would be quick for me to just drive to Lima and fly from there....
Virtually impossible. Fly to BA and then fly from here to the US.

Is my only option these $2200 one-way tickets from EZE to MIA on Aerolinas?

I’m not sure you even have that option. It’s sold out on most flights.
If anything urgent, need to resort to getting out of BsAs on any flight possible, say to Paraguay (they still have some flights out to there) or Chile (harder but doable).
From there you’ll get out one way or another.

Force all the foreign competition to stop flying and direct all customers to your state held airline to buy inflated tickets. Solid business model.

Definitely. But the US responded in kind fairly quickly, hopefully a gun to Aerolineas’s head will calm things down quickly.

With the current level of demand, they can add plenty of flights and it will all fill up pretty fast. Lots of people want neither Sputnik nor Sinovac.

AA have space but they are blocking a lot of seats anticipating to have to keep the reduced frequency in June. My advice wait till Wednesday or THursday this week to see space in June. Alternatively, they release seats early early mornings about 5-6 am.

This is likely true (lots of inventory disappeared overnight about a week ago).
But no one knows the true situation - they sold lots of seats on the direct flight to JFK that hasn’t yet launched and may not launch at all.

OMG I never going to be able to escape. Can I drive across the border to Uruguay?

No.
No land borders are operational for regular people, and Uruguay isn’t taking anyone either.
Depending on when you want to travel I might be able to help, DM me.

Virtually impossible. Fly to BA and then fly from here to the US.

There is a long, easy-to-cross border with Bolivia, problem is that you likely won’t be able to fly out from there if you didn’t enter legally.

Are any of the travel lounges open?

As of May 17, the American lounge was closed, but they had a deal with the AA2000 lounge so you could use that one free (if you were eligible for the American lounge). It wasn't as good as the American one, but was ok.

As of May 17, the American lounge was closed, but they had a deal with the AA2000 lounge so you could use that one free (if you were eligible for the American lounge). It wasn't as good as the American one, but was ok.
The StarAlliance is also open and it accepts priority pass.

It is a shame that the US embassy does not secure seats for US citizens on these flights. It doesn't make sense to me, considering last year they were actually arranging flights, etc. and now you basically have hordes or Argentine filling up any and every flight to the US to go and get vaccinated...

It is a shame that the US embassy does not secure seats for US citizens on these flights. It doesn't make sense to me, considering last year they were actually arranging flights, etc. and now you basically have hordes or Argentine filling up any and every flight to the US to go and get vaccinated...
There are no direct flights to the UK anymore. The view of the UK government seems to be that they laid on repatriation flights at the beginning of the emergency, a year ago and anybody who didn't get out at tnat time should now look to their own resources. Argentina is on the UK government "Red" list (The "Red" "Amber" and "Green" categories change like a set of demented traffic lights so nobody really knows if a country is considered "safe" from one moment to another) so they don't really want their citizens or legal residents coming back if they can help it. I imagine the attitude is similar amongst many/most other governments around the world.

There are no direct flights to the UK anymore. The view of the UK government seems to be that they laid on repatriation flights at the beginning of the emergency, a year ago and anybody who didn't get out at tnat time should now look to their own resources. Argentina is on the UK government "Red" list (The "Red" "Amber" and "Green" categories change like a set of demented traffic lights so nobody really knows if a country is considered "safe" from one moment to another) so they don't really want their citizens or legal residents coming back if they can help it. I imagine the attitude is similar amongst many/most other governments around the world.
I'd say they provide very poor customer service to their own tax paying citizens. I honestly thought they cared more about their own people. It is true they provided repatriation flights when everything was closed down last year, but then everything opened up and they are receiving thousands of tourists on a daily basis that go to get vaccinated and return. It just doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know.

Back