Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

There were no vaccines available last year either for everybody either.

I'd say they provide very poor customer service to their own tax paying citizens. I honestly thought they cared more about their own people. It is true they provided repatriation flights when everything was closed down last year, but then everything opened up and they are receiving thousands of tourists on a daily basis that go to get vaccinated and return. It just doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know.
You'll find that US Embassies the world over are not nearly as helpful and responsive as they used to be. Most, if not all of them, no longer receive the amount of financial assistance from Washington they were accustomed to years ago. They are more tightly budgeted and their ability to be helpful has suffered.

It is a shame that the US embassy does not secure seats for US citizens on these flights. It doesn't make sense to me, considering last year they were actually arranging flights, etc. and now you basically have hordes or Argentine filling up any and every flight to the US to go and get vaccinated...
Wait, so rich Argentinians are buying up these seats for vaccine vacations?

Yes. I guess tourism income is more interesting than assisting your own people...
Why would they secure seats for anyone? On commercial flights? The pandemic has been on for 15 months now. At this point anyone who's wanted to leave has done so and they know this. There are daily flights to the US on commercial carriers out of BA. THERE ARE SEATS. Prices are just very high. A US citizen can also fly out via Brasil on 2 separate tickets. It's not rocket science. If you need to leave let me know and I will find you a seat.

Last edited:
Yes. I guess tourism income is more interesting than assisting your own people...
Tourism income isn’t more interesting but it IS more profitable. And to a previous post, the US government does not care about expats because as a voting bloc we are very small. Yet they still love to tax those living abroad. Only major nation in the world to do so.. and in regards to government customer service, DMV....

Why would they secure seats for anyone? On commercial flights? The pandemic has been on for 15 months now. At this point anyone who's wanted to leave has done so and they know this. There are daily flights to the US on commercial carriers out of BA. THERE ARE SEATS. Prices are just very high. A US citizen can also fly out via Brasil on 2 separate tickets. It's not rocket science. If you need to leave let me know and I will find you a seat.
I appreciate it but I am vaccinated, it just looks wrong to me.

Do you think that by September we should be back to normal flight schedules like before? I'm really feeling tired of this situation, I feel I need to get out of this country for 2 or 3 months.

Back