Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

Anybody thinking about going to the US for a booster shot? Our friends there are recommending that we (seniors) go but we're concerned about flights and US hospitals filling up.

Anybody thinking about going to the US for a booster shot? Our friends there are recommending that we (seniors) go but we're concerned about flights and US hospitals filling up.
How long ago did you get shot 1 & 2?

Why don’t you get the booster here? Plenty of vaccines especially by October/November you will have Pfizer and Moderna as options. Sputnik is actually a good vaccine. Especially if you got a Pfizer or Moderna as your first shot in the US I recommend to get a non RNA based vaccine as a booster but wait 6 months after you’ve gotten your second shot unless you got Jensen as a single shot then don’t wait. Just stay away from the 2 Chinese vaccines and you’d be fine.

make better decisions next time?
I would try to call migrations / contact them via web (http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/contacto/) to explain them the situation and see if they let you change the address. I personally would not risk getting in trouble by not following the rules of the quarantine. Worst case you get arrested. Being in an Argentinian jail is no fun (from what I heard).

How long ago did you get shot 1 & 2?
I got Pfizer. Second at end of May. I think booster should be Oct/Nov.
Why don’t you get the booster here? Plenty of vaccines especially by October/November you will have Pfizer and Moderna as options. Sputnik is actually a good vaccine. Especially if you got a Pfizer or Moderna as your first shot in the US I recommend to get a non RNA based vaccine as a booster but wait 6 months after you’ve gotten your second shot unless you got Jensen as a single shot then don’t wait. Just stay away from the 2 Chinese vaccines and you’d be fine.

Good thoughts. Thanks.
If I get the booster in the US I'd get a US certificate which might be more useful for travelling in the future, maybe.
Also, even though I'm in a priority group I waited months for the first vaccination here. It was very disorganized. Finally in April I was offerred Sino, take it or leave it. No assurance that I'd get get the second dose on time. I went to the US and got Pfizer the next day. It was a much better experience.

Actually, I just saw a small car go by with Migraciones painted on the door. I'd never seen one before. Now I'm thinking they might have mobile units that go around doing doorknocks.

I have first shot Sputnik and J&J. I'm feeling pretty good on that. The US vaccine card gets me into the US/Canada/EU without a lot of hassle. Wondering if i'll see 2nd dose sputnik or AZ here before too long.

Has anyone had an experience with family members entering Argentina? Did they have to show proof of insurance which explicitly includes CoVID coverage? Also, i am from CORDOBA will she be able to do the quarantine in my province? Will she be able to travel by bus here?

Has anyone had an experience with family members entering Argentina? Did they have to show proof of insurance which explicitly includes CoVID coverage? Also, i am from CORDOBA will she be able to do the quarantine in my province? Will she be able to travel by bus here?
I entered in December 2020 under direct family and on the DDJJ (https://ddjj.migraciones.gob.ar/app/home.php ) that you fill out 48 hours prior to entering there is a spot to upload the COVID insurance proof (as well as your negative PCR)

I believe the place of quarantine is the address you declare on the DDJJ. My father in law put he was quaranting in the province and was able to travel by bus but not sure if that is still allowed.

I entered in December 2020 under direct family and on the DDJJ (https://ddjj.migraciones.gob.ar/app/home.php ) that you fill out 48 hours prior to entering there is a spot to upload the COVID insurance proof (as well as your negative PCR)

I believe the place of quarantine is the address you declare on the DDJJ. My father in law put he was quaranting in the province and was able to travel by bus but not sure if that is still allowed.
Thanks so much for this reply!!! Super helpful! I will have my mom quarantine in an apartment that is not my house. After the 7 days she will stay with me. I imagine that's not going to be a problem.

Back