Refund issue with Colonia Express + Pago Facil + Mercado Pago

duggie

Registered
Hey all,

Shot in the dark here, but maybe someone has experienced this before?

I recently purchased a ticket from Colonia Express, which I paid in cash via Pago Facil on Sante Fe. It ended up being the wrong ticket, so I asked for a refund. Sounds simple enough, right?

Instead of asking me how I paid and would like to be refunded, the agent replied that the funds had already been sent to my original payment method, specifically a Mercado Pago account attached to my email address.

I don't have a DNI and therefore I've never used Mercado Pago. I chatted with Mercado Pago customer support and they said they can't do anything for me without a DNI.

Basically, the money is gone and I feel a little bit like someone who got robbed. It was only 10,000 pesos, but fuck. Colonia Express seems pretty happy not taking responsibility. I'm not sure where to turn.

Any similar experiences or solutions out there? Or is this kind of business behaviour run-of-the-mill in Argentina, and it's better for me to just let it go?

Thanks!

Duggie

I would look for the email address of customer service for Colonia Express and write an email to them with an explanation and pics of your unused ticket. I have done this with Frappe, Volta, Alvear Palace hotel, Lo de Jesus restaurant, and Club La Nacion, and always got the correct refunds, which had been denied to me by the employee at the business.

No guarantees, but worth the shot. Good luck.

You haven't lived in argentina until you've been scammed by some company. It's usually aerolineas argentinas. Sometimes it's better to just let those monies go. Think about how much your time is worth VS 30 bucks.

Post an angry rant on Twitter, like "ripped off by Colonia Express!!!" (be sure to use at least three exclamation points).
Yeah, make a hundred of exclamation points.

Colonia Express cancelled your ticket and returned the money to the origin.
Apparently, Pago Facil collected your cash and paid Colonia Express by Mercado Pago from their own account.
From Colonia Express' point of view, the origin is Pago Facil.
I think you need to go to the Pago Facil, explain to them the situation and ask them for a reimbursement.

Please don't let it go. Argentina is full of business scammers that lie, cheat, and steal. If you have the patience, submit a denuncia via the Defense of the Consumer. You can create the claim online here: https://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/defensaconsumidor

I've done so with 3 companies, and one of them resulted in my TV being replaced with a brand new unit (the other 2 are pending). They can also fine businesses upwards of hundreds of thousands of pesos too.

Retain all communications you've had with Colonia Express/Pago Facil/Mercado Pago. They are required to prove the refund has been made, and since you don't have a CUIT/L which is required for a MP account, it will be easy enough to show they've lied.

good luck fighting the good fight! let us know if you get your money back

good luck fighting the good fight! let us know if you get your money back
Thanks, bud! Update: They said they wouldn’t give me my money back but would “immediately” refund me in Colonia Club credit for another ferry ride. Days and emails later, no credit. I don’t use social media but I really wish I could blast them somehow. They’ve disabled Google reviews for obvious reasons :)

Back