Register electronics at EZE

thomaso275

Registered
Looking for info on registering electronics when leaving BA from EZE. I know there is a desk where locals register their laptops & such, so that when they return no one questions if it was purchased new during the trip. My question is, must the item have a afip stamp on it, showing it was bought ? Will they register a laptop without it? Last trip back to BA I got a hard time about my used laptop (bought in USA for less than $300 2 years ago) so I don't have any declaration receipt or even original receipt. I don't want it used against my $300 limit on upcoming trip.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this. I came into EZE in November 2011 with a fairly non-trivial amount of electronics on my person, and left, without incident. Was I supposed to have registered something?

AlexanderB said:
This is the first time I've ever heard of this. I came into EZE in November 2011 with a fairly non-trivial amount of electronics on my person, and left, without incident. Was I supposed to have registered something?

Do you have temporary or permanent residency?

If you don't you are not a "local" and even if you are enforcement is iffy.

No, I was and will be on a tourist status for the foreseeable future.

That's the problem, I am a resident & it seems they are looking for every dollar they can find.

Last time I left the country they asked me at check in if I had registered the electronics I am taking out. She said I should. Well I didn't listen to her.

Should I? Does it avoid problems when you come back?

I never had any problems up to now, my son had to start up his (old) laptop once to prove it's old and used, but that's all.

Back