Registering For Cbc With Secondary Passport

jonathanmx

Registered
Hello,

I've been lurking around this forum for about a year after making the decision to move to Argentina to begin a career. I'm a 22 year old American and live a digital nomad lifestyle (mainly around Latin America). I know the registration process for UBA and immigration fairly well.

I will be registering for CBC during the february-march period as I'm back in the states getting my high school paperwork/diploma apostilled, organizing finances, etc. I am a dual citizen with Mexico but have never lived there. I was born in a border city in Texas so I never saw the need for a Mexican passport as I could just go and come back as I please. Before embarking on my journey as a digital nomad I opted for the Mexican passport since visas aren't required for some countries (e.g. Brazil). I understand that I need a criminal record/FBI report for the places that I have legally lived in which would only be the USA.

I'm not very fond of my US citizeship so the question I've had in my mind has been if I will run into some issues with immigration for getting my student visa as a Mexican citizen even though I've never lived there? I'm registered at the Mexican consulate in my home city with consular and voting card, etc.

Suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!

Just so you know, a diploma from the USA has to be validated here, and that means you cannot enter directly into a university. You'll need to take some supplementary classes of Spanish and history in order to have it validated. There's more information on this forum about that.

Just so you know, a diploma from the USA has to be validated here, and that means you cannot enter directly into a university. You'll need to take some supplementary classes of Spanish and history in order to have it validated. There's more information on this forum about that.

Thank you!

Yes, it will not be a matter of showing up in February/March and registering for the CBC -- perhaps February/March 2019. You have to take quite a number of Argentine high school courses to enter a public university here -- 6 exams I believe. Find more info in this thread: http://baexpats.org/topic/33435-applying-for-the-cbc-high-school-diploma-or-transcript/

Yes, it will not be a matter of showing up in February/March and registering for the CBC -- perhaps February/March 2019. You have to take quite a number of Argentine high school courses to enter a public university here -- 6 exams I believe. Find more info in this thread: http://baexpats.org/...-or-transcript/

I was sent documents from Ministerio de Educación which included an overview of everything covered so now I have an understanding of what to study.
I've adjusted my arrival to fit where I can have good time to cover these subjects. Thank you!

Back