Reintroducing Myself

David Poles

Registered
I have been a member for a while but kind of fell off the map so to speak. My name is David and I am a Bostonian. My wife is a Ben Affleck fan so we are reveling in the recent Oscar win.

He has come a long way from Cambridge and thankfully a long way since Jersey Girl.

Anyway, my goal is to move to BA by 2014. I am an Executive Coach and Counselor, working with business owners and corporate executives having work perfomance issues, possibly related to addiction.

I am targeting HR Directors as they have access to my ideal clientele.

If anyone can help with names, that is appreciated. Even if you can't, my wife who is from BA and myself are open to friendships.

David :lol:

Hi David,

Hop it works out well for you, since your wife is from here I guess your eyes are wide open !

Good luck!

I am also from Massachusetts too. Coming here you will avoid MA state taxes but you will be needing to begin your work career from the beginning as you have no real contacts here at all. I do not know your age but believe me I would not wish to enter the world here and need to work too. It is a wonderful place for relaxation as the people have been quite nice to me. I am a retired man from the States. Look at the price of goods here and then compare to the States... no comparison at all. You better have a deep pocket if you wish to live at the style you are currently experiencing. Inflation here is rampant unlike the usa at this time... of course back in the early 1980s life in the States was different but no longer is the case there at all.
I wish you luck.

walter

I have been a member for a while but kind of fell off the map so to speak. My name is David and I am a Bostonian. My wife is a Ben Affleck fan so we are reveling in the recent Oscar win.

He has come a long way from Cambridge and thankfully a long way since Jersey Girl.

Anyway, my goal is to move to BA by 2014. I am an Executive Coach and Counselor, working with business owners and corporate executives having work perfomance issues, possibly related to addiction.

I am targeting HR Directors as they have access to my ideal clientele.

If anyone can help with names, that is appreciated. Even if you can't, my wife who is from BA and myself are open to friendships.

David :lol:

Welcome David!

As for business contacts, go through your wifes family and friends.

I am also from Massachusetts too. Coming here you will avoid MA state taxes but you will be needing to begin your work career from the beginning as you have no real contacts here at all. I do not know your age but believe me I would not wish to enter the world here and need to work too. It is a wonderful place for relaxation as the people have been quite nice to me. I am a retired man from the States. Look at the price of goods here and then compare to the States... no comparison at all. You better have a deep pocket if you wish to live at the style you are currently experiencing. Inflation here is rampant unlike the usa at this time... of course back in the early 1980s life in the States was different but no longer is the case there at all.
I wish you luck.

walter

Hear Hear--! I have great empathy for people that come here to work without contacts and good command of the language..!!Its a jungle here merits and CV mean nothing, only contacts and nepotism, except for some foreign companies.

Thanks god, I only have to worry about tomorrow's lunch.... :D

Welcome David!

As for business contacts, go through your wifes family and friends.

Totally agree with PhilipDT. That is a massive shortcut that could save you literally hundreds of hours of networking and building relationships over months/years. From my experience Buenos Aires is very much "a who you know" city when it comes to business and getting things done.

I want to thank you all for the feeddback. I am 43. My wife is building a home for us, courtesy of her parents. We are blessed.

Good tips about going through wife and her family in order to network.

David

Back