Remembering our real heroes

perry

Registered

As this current governments continúes with its plan to privatise everything standing 1000s of these workers are losing their jobs weekly . This humble employee of a small post office in a one horse town in Chubut will be sadly missed. The townspeople have lost their post office as well as a familiar friendly face .

Is there fat to trim? You bet! (start with 8 trips abroad and 8 million peso LLA senator salaries to begin with maybe?) but there are some very basic things that the state should have/provide, and a post office in a rural patagonian community is one of them.

Also, I also refuse to believe they tried everything before making the decision to close it and terminate him. Why not adopt the model some countries have where the post office is located in a general store. I'm sure it could have split the rent with a kiosko or other business, and if the community can survive without the post office, why not simply reduce it by attrition? Guy looks to be on the older side of the labor force, just don't replace him when he retires...

The cruelty is the point in many of these situations it seems.

They aren't really workers, many thousands of those fired hadn't turned up to their jobs in over 3 months and before that they weren't doing much

I'm pretty sure an entire town would notice if their mail wasn't being delivered :rolleyes:

During the pandemic the state functioned with about 30 % of current workers actually working. That's about what my Argentine friends would like to see the state employees cut down to. Right now Milei has gotten rid of around 20k state workers who weren't actually working but that's just a start

They aren't really workers, many thousands of those fired hadn't turned up to their jobs in over 3 months and before that they weren't doing much
Really and you know !! Seems you believe in too much propaganda . If you bothered to read the article it mentions just one case of a loyal poster worker that was very loved in his small town in Chubut Argentina . Now he is without a job his name was Rogelio Hubo

I'm pretty sure an entire town would notice if their mail wasn't being delivered :rolleyes:

Is there fat to trim? You bet! (start with 8 trips abroad and 8 million peso LLA senator salaries to begin with maybe?) but there are some very basic things that the state should have/provide, and a post office in a rural patagonian community is one of them.

Also, I also refuse to believe they tried everything before making the decision to close it and terminate him. Why not adopt the model some countries have where the post office is located in a general store. I'm sure it could have split the rent with a kiosko or other business, and if the community can survive without the post office, why not simply reduce it by attrition? Guy looks to be on the older side of the labor force, just don't replace him when he retires...

Thank you for your compassionate post . It seems lost here with some members who just want to cut cut cut everything back and live like we did in the stone age

And bitch about the lack of services afterwards.

The cost to have this post office and employee is so neglible for Argentina and considering its importance for that community it seems downright vindictive . I know this town in Chubut and you could not a better and kinder community anywhere!

Pretty much every country has remote areas that will never pay their way. They need subsidies for housing, transport, education, post, and other services. Part of running a country is ensuring that the state is present in those areas, securing borders and ensuring Argentinian citizens populate those areas. Otherwise foreigners will percolate over the borders, like the Mapuches did in the 18th and 19th centuries, and the Bolivians and Peruvians have been doing in the 20th and 21st centuries.

Back