Renew tourist visa

markbsas

Registered
I can't believe I've been here for almost 90 days already, time to renew my tourist visa this week. Where exactly is the migraciones office that I need to go to and what do I need to take with me?

And second part of my question is this... originally I was just planning to do the renew every 90 days thing indefinitely here in Argentina. I've been reading some of the posts about the potential crackdown on this so I'm changing my mind a bit.

My wife is Argentinian and we have a new baby girl who was born here a few weeks ago. Given my circumstances, how do I apply for residency? What paperwork is involved, etc?

Thanks very much!
Mark

Lee said:
Hey Mark...

You either do too many drugs OR you have way too much time on your hands!

Next time register a new name for joke posts.

Huh? I don't have any idea what you are talking about

markbsas said:
I can't believe I've been here for almost 90 days already, time to renew my tourist visa this week. Where exactly is the migraciones office that I need to go to and what do I need to take with me?

And second part of my question is this... originally I was just planning to do the renew every 90 days thing indefinitely here in Argentina. I've been reading some of the posts about the potential crackdown on this so I'm changing my mind a bit.

My wife is Argentinian and we have a new baby girl who was born here a few weeks ago. Given my circumstances, how do I apply for residency? What paperwork is involved, etc?

Thanks very much!
Mark

You can find good and detailed answers to all your questions by searching this site:)

DA said:
You can find good and detailed answers to all your questions by searching this site:)

Nowhere on this site could I find the address for the migraciones office other than it is on Antartida

Damn... never mind then.

I googled it and found the address. For those who may be looking for the EXACT address here it is:

Direccio Nacional de Migraciones
Av Antartida 1355
Prorrogas de Permenencia

Thanks so much

Direccion Nacional de Migraciones
Av. Antártida Argentina 1355
Mondays to Fridays from 07:30 to 18:00 hs.
(011)4317-0234

Hey Mark! I think what that other guy...was...um, trying to say in an interesting, roundabout way is that your question would be a great candidate for starting a new thread so that others looking for the same question can more easily find the answer!

The address is Av. Antártida Argentina 1355. Just look for the long yellow building with lots of people walking in and out. The streets are wide and criss-cross around that part of Antartida, and I admit looking for it once I got off the bus, I got all criss-crossed and lost and had to ask for help.

Here are the reqs for Radication in Argentina and obviously as a spouse of an Argentine you will have no problem. However, talking to some friends who were married in the States, they first are having to go through a long process of making their marriage "count" here. http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/pagina4/espanol/radicacion/rad_extramercosur.htm, you being obviously the first one, a familiar. You should have no problem, so I can count myself among the many here who are jealous of you for that!

I would go ahead and start the process...because the sooner, you get your radication here, the less fines you will have to pay in order to get around and live life.

In order to have it go through, you may have to at some point legalize yourself by paying the 300 pesos to update your tourist visa, but it's not like the US where they throw you in jail and deport you, though technically and legally you should. Even when you go and inquire along with all the documents together they ask for in order to try and start the process, you may actually be able to slip through the cracks until the process starts because you will probably be in a different line.

An immigration official informed me when I left the country accidentally forgetting to tuck my visa into my passport and slapped with a fine is that if I was in any process of radication, I MUST keep my visa status up-to-date while that process is going on, otherwise, it will be terminated and must start all over once and if I am caught with an expired visa. Whether or not that is true in practice, I don't know.

Back