Renewing Or Overstaying Visa For Taiwanese

sab15

Registered
Hi,

My girlfriend is here from Taiwan and Taiwanese have to get visas from the consulate there which is renewable once here in Argentina. I know there has been a lot of talk about just overstaying and paying the fine at the airport. But, I think that has been by people that enter the country with no visa and just get a 90 day stamp in their passport which they can easily renew by exiting and re-entering. Anyway, any thoughts on how someone with a real visa might be treated at the airport if overstayed? Is there anyone here on this forum that is here on a tourist visa (not a 90 day stamp) and overstayed? We don't want her blacklisted in their database for future entries. Remember, she has to go to the consulate in Taiwan to get a visa for future trips.

Thanks in advance.

SB

When you need visa the whole thing changes. She cannot overstay unless she goes for citizenship. Or she has to apply for a legal residency.

When you need visa the whole thing changes. She cannot overstay unless she goes for citizenship. Or she has to apply for a legal residency.

Hi Bajo Cero,

What do you suppose or know would happen at the airport if she did happen to overstay (whether several days or several weeks or months)?

Thanks.

SB

when she goes for visa to the Argentine embassy in Taiwan , next time as and when in the future of her lifetime, once she has gotten over you and resumed her life back in Taiwan.

She will get a stamp on her passport " Argentina visa denied"!

Back