Renewing Residencia Precaria/Address Change

andrew.lyubarsky

Registered
Hello everyone!

I've browsed through other immigration posts on the forum, and I didn't find anything relating to my specific question. My apologies if I am being redundant.

I am currently the proud holder of a "residencia precaria" as I am waiting for my temporary DNI to come through (on the basis of being a formal student in a master's program). My precaria expires at the end of June, and I know through my friend's rough experience that it is important to renew it before the expiration to avoid having to go through the whole process all over again. So I plan to go to Migraciones to ask for a prorroga about two weeks prior to expiration.

My question relates to the fact that I am almost certainly moving next week to a different address from the one given to Migraciones for the delivery of my DNI. Has anyone tried to effectuate an address change with them? Is it just as simple as going to the local Comisaria and requesting a new Certificado de Domicilio? I am concerned that trying to change my address to a different one from the one listed on my precaria will provoke some sort of horrible, unexpected bureaucratic overreaction, and wanted to know if other people have done this successfully.

Additionally, is there anyone to call or contact to figure out the status of your DNI? In my understanding it is not Migraciones that is in charge of issuing it, but rather another agency, right? The Migraciones people told me it would be at my house in 2 months, but unsurprisingly it has not arrived.

Thank you very much for any assistance,

Andrew

similar problem here...

Finally I could apply for my Residencia and DNI, they told me it could take 3 months. But I am planning to travel for few months soon and I am totally leaving the house I am currently living... Maybe better to change the plan until I get the DNI but sounds like it could take more than 3 months? I can't waste my life here that much!

If you aren't home when the DNI arrives, you can pick it up a couple weeks later at the RNP office on Jujuy. All you need is the Precaria, a second form of I.D and the receipt that they gave you at migraciones which shows you paid the 25-35 peso processing fee. If you want to change some information on the DNI like the address, you can do it at that office when you pick it up.

Just don't get hysterical. It's a pretty easy and standard process.

Back