Renovacion De Registro... Renewing A Driving License

estebandepraga

Registered
Something to have filmed yesterday
I saw that my license was expring yesterday so I went running to my localCGP(now called comuna)
I went dirctly to the section for driving license and the conversation went like this(en espanol)

(YO)Hola, quisiera renovar mi registro y acabo de darme cuenta que se me vence hoy! a partir de ahora YO soy Y
(ELLA) pediste turno? a partir de ahora ella es E
Y NO
E pagaste el arancel?
Y NO
E sacaste fotocopias de tu DNI?
Y NO
E fuiste a la charla de educacion vial?
Y NO
E cuando se te vence, hoy?
Y SI
E disfruta de tu registro manejando todo lo que quieras hasta media noche y a partir de las 0000, quedate en casa! CHAU

Obviously I didnt renew it!
dont let this happen to you! the good thing is i can still renew it until 31 dec without having to do the entire and i mean ENTIRE test over!

Oh boy. I have to get a license here, been putting it off for quite some time. I'm looking forward to the experience!

To continue the saga............

I went tonight to the educational talk; we had to be there 1850. no instructor at 1910 people started to yell
a guy came out, said the person due to give the talk can't come and we all got our certificates stating our attendence tick that one off!
incompetence is sometimes good and I only lost 10 mins instead of 1 hr of bs

I like that, sounds good.
However, Adri's licence expired and was over 30 days, so she had to do the whole test again here in Olivos???
And silly me, my expiry date was still within the 30 days, so renewal was automatic with a short 'interview' with the clerk.
She asked me if I wanted to add/change any categories to the license and I told her that I needed motorbikes added (which they forgot to do in 2009), to which she said i would need to ride a 125cc for two years...oops!
I showed her my UK license, which she couldn't understand,nor photocopied and added motorbikes with a click of her mouse.
The thing is that I've had no end of problems with the police by just using my UK license, so it made sense.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Expat Life 9
Vagrant Violet Expat Life 14
Back