where is registro civil?

mhenna11

Registered
If I want to make a marriage appointment which registro civil should I go to? My visa hasn't expired yet, it expires Dec 7th. Once we make the appointment then I can go to Tigre and do that boat trip.
I am going to leave the country, it seems like the best option in terms of renewing my visa. I will make the appointment and then do all the other stuff afterwards.

If you are in Villa Urquiza...(based on your location "Villa U.")...you can inquire at:

La Comuna 12
Miller 2751 Cap. Fed

I was told it is was in Uruguay 753, we are going to make the marriage appointment there.

That's where I got married. I'm not sure if it depends on your address, but that is the main office in Captial Federal.

I was given the impression that it didn't matter in which registro civil you did the paperwork, as long as it was in Capital Federal. My partner and I married at the registro civil close to Uriburu & Santa Fe. Congratulations in advance!

mhenna11 said:
I was told it is was in Uruguay 753, we are going to make the marriage appointment there.

If you live in Villa Urquiza you will probably be able do do everything faster at the Registro for comuna 12. You won't have to travel as far, either,

12º Miller 2751 4522-9947 / 4745 9.30 a 14.30hs

Matrimonios, Nacimientos, Reconocimientos, Inf. Sumarias, Solicitud y Entrega de Partidas.

(Thanks to Tomokoar for the link which provided the exact address and info.)

You can either go to the central (Uruguay) one or the nearest one to the registered home address of either you or your partner (your partner in this case as he is the only one with a DNI). The "registro civil" govt webpage can tell you which one this is...you just type in the address.

can two tourists without DNIs get married?

can one tourist without a DNI choose to get married in a registry office near to his house as opposed to in a registry office near to the house of the argentine partner who does have a DNI?

No, two tourists cannot get married in Argentina.

From what I understand you can register at any in Capital Fed. if you live in the capital... if you live in the province you have to register at the one closest to your home. It goes by the Argentine partner's residence, where the tourist lives does not matter or factor in at all.

We're somewhat disappointed because our registro civil is A DUMP and we have no other choice. :p At least the Church ceremony will be nice.

Back