Rental Car Agencies in CapFed?

MizzMarr

Registered
Hello all. It's been a long time since I rented a car here, and the agent that I previously used has since passed away. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good car rental place here? I did a search of the forums and came across abc car rental, but am wondering if others have experience with other agents or agencies that they can recommend? Just looking for a weekend rental. Appreciate in advance any advice, please and thanks!!

We rent a car about a month a year to go to Patagonia camping/fly-fishing with the dogs. ABC car is good, inexpensive and very friendly but we switched last time to Europcar (http://www.europcar.com/). They have offices in EZE, AEP, and Buquebus. We switched for 2 reasons: ABC car does not have unlimited miles while europcar does (last time we have to pay a little over $300 USD in over mileage charges, they give you a certain amount depending on length of rental) and American Express Platinum will provide extra coverage (damage to the rent a car or yourself) while they will not for ABC (as far as I know, according to the ABC agent really). Also if you book through Amex's site, you get double points. Europcar is by far the cheapest of the international brands. In the USA I use Hertz but they are super expensive here.

ABC does allow cash payments which means its cheapest but sometimes its not cheapest in the long run (mileage).

I rented with Thrifty a week ago. It was $68 USD/day for an automatic. (Yeah, yeah, I can't drive a stick.) The price difference between the two was maybe $10 USD?

Anyway, it was pretty straightforward. If you have a visa card, they should cover your accident insurance so long as all of the the transactions pertaining to the car are done on a visa card. They will charge you $6,000 USD as a deposit, however, if you deny their insurance to use the Visa card insurance instead.

With their insurance, which is $8 USD a day, they will charge your card a $1,000 USD deposit.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. :p

Thanks guys! I'm going to explore the options and appreciate the insight, recent pricings, and card benefits! Cheers :)

Call Tango Rent-a-Car. Location is inconvenient to get to, on Libertador in Nuñez, although it makes for an easy exit from the city .They're easy to deal with, have decent cars, and their rates are the cheapest I found a few years ago when I was renting cars a lot (before finally giving in and buying one). Recommend a call instead of online communications, which they don't always answer quickly. http://www.tangorentacar.com/

Back