Rental Law Will be Repealed Tomorrow, by Decree

and I don't believe those have been repealed, have they?

Here? Honestly, I haven't kept up with exactly what Milei has or hasn't done. I would like to, but I've been busy. I know there have been a bunch of changes, I see prices going up. It's what @mikic007 was concerned about in a previous post, laws protecting tenants

he hasn't repealed them. that's the point to the other poster.

and I don't believe those have been repealed, have they?

From what I can (barely) understand, the fundamental approach to interpreting private contracts in relation to the law has changed. Unless the law is worded in a very specific manner (which is not often the case), the private contract takes precedence. This renders many laws, including rental laws, essentially inapplicable in the way they were enforced before.

I may be mistaken, though. It would be nice if someone with a legal background could watch this video from the very beginning and express his opinion.

Last edited:
I believe that by not giving guidance to real estate laws and contracts you make things much worse and create a very unfair playig field that gives now all the rights to the powerful who own the property . The renter does not make the rental contract its always done by the owmer and his agent and always to his maximum advantage . Now there will be no protection for the most basic renters rights and many people will have to grin and accept appalling rental situations without any protections .

Laws are never a bad thing as they are to protect the vulnerable . Imagine buying a property off the plan that may take many years to complete . Without clear laws and protections the consumer will lose his investment as by giving the power to those who make these usury contracts anything can happen .

Now everyone will rent in us dollars and noone will do any repairs on their property during the rental period . There wil be nowhere you can make a complaint as you signed a agreement that basically does not respect your rights and on top of this you cannot do anything about it . For renters its the worst scenario

I believe that by not giving guidance to real estate laws and contracts you make things much worse and create a very unfair playig field that gives now all the rights to the powerful who own the property . The renter does not make the rental contract its always done by the owmer and his agent and always to his maximum advantage . Now there will be no protection for the most basic renters rights and many people will have to grin and accept appalling rental situations without any protections .

Laws are never a bad thing as they are to protect the vulnerable . Imagine buying a property off the plan that may take many years to complete . Without clear laws and protections the consumer will lose his investment as by giving the power to those who make these usury contracts anything can happen .

Now everyone will rent in us dollars and noone will do any repairs on their property during the rental period . There wil be nowhere you can make a complaint as you signed a agreement that basically does not respect your rights and on top of this you cannot do anything about it . For renters its the worst scenario
i don't understand why you keep saying the renter has no rights or protections.

if you sign a contract and one party doesn't live up to it, what do you do now? consumer protection already exists. courts already exist. repealing the rentals law doesn't make either of those things "worse" or remove either of those protections.

if every single property is suddenly advertised in dollars, because now it's legal, you have a flood of supply. guess what happens after that? if you have no takers, prices come down, or you have to change what you offer to rent your place. that is how basic market forces work! are there bad individuals who screw tenants? yes! are there bad renters who screw landlords? yes! neither of those two things were fully controlled by the rentals law.

this idea that every landlord can suddenly fuck over every tenant is absurd.

The President of the Arg. Proprietors Assoc. stated totay that contracts will be ruled by the Civil/Commercial Code which was the prevailing Law before the 2020 Rental Law.
In his opinion now that contracts can be signed in any currency for whatever period desired and adjusted as often as desired, thousands of new properties will come out in the Rental Market (wait and see). Also mentioned that the tenant has the right to refuse conditions deemed to be abusive....!

Yes and no. Messing with someone's property of course isn't correct thing in normal society, but when this property goes to the market, it's business, that is usually controlled by the government to some degree. Like every business is, and customers should be protected to some extent. Exist everywhere, even in us if I have correct data. Landlords in a way have always an upper hand, and some rules have to be established, otherwise you have wild West, where tenant doesn't know where will sleep next day. I'm not going to examples, but you can imagine some scenarios, when there is no regulation whatsoever, and lack of homes to buy and rent.
Delinquent tenants who stay on for months without paying, damage the property and disturb other renters have the upper hand. That is because there are more tenant voters than landlords.

There should be some laws protecting consumers. If we don't see them, then it's a sign that this government will be the usual, for and by the rich. Their won't be any trickle down effect. All the money will gravitate to those with the most assets. Look at what's going on in the U.S.

As far as rental agreements, groups could be formed by renters

Delinquent tenants who stay on for months without paying, damage the property and disturb other renters have the upper hand. That is because there are more tenant voters than landlords.
And I would equally demand protection for the landlords. Saying that some protection for tenants should be in the law is not excluding protection to the landlords. Both can coexist in the same law, that can be loosely framed to provide certain protection to both groups. Written law also simplifies solving disputes, contrary to random contracts, that have to go to court and can be interpreted in many ways.

Back