Rental Law Will be Repealed Tomorrow, by Decree

And I would equally demand protection for the landlords. Saying that some protection for tenants should be in the law is not excluding protection to the landlords. Both can coexist in the same law, that can be loosely framed to provide certain protection to both groups. Written law also simplifies solving disputes, contrary to random contracts, that have to go to court and can be interpreted in many ways.
can you point out where those protections have been removed?

This is exactly what zero regulation is, if everything is defined by contract between to none equals parties. If someone is desperate enough, will sign whatever. Or contracts will be written by lawyers in such way, that without lawyer you won't see the tricks...

I can see usa guys here defending this crap, but I don't understand why you are even here. There is land of the free, why not stay there and live this dream, without worries how it will turn out? Or maybe it didn't turn out too good there for you?
Rental laws in USA vary greatly from place to place. In some cases, tenants have too many rights, which often leads to a shortage of rental properties and thus, higher rents.

Rental laws in USA vary greatly from place to place. In some cases, tenants have too many rights, which often leads to a shortage of rental properties and thus, higher rents.
I managed property in Berkeley, California for years where the famously leftist city council implemented rent control and just cause eviction laws to protect the most vulnerable members of the community. The ultimate result was every landlord in the city implementing income, credit, and cosigner requirements that were impossible for said vulnerable members of the community to achieve, because nobody wanted to get stuck with some weirdo paying below-market rent for the rest of their lives. Far better to rent to students and leave the apartments vacant during summer then raise the rent the next fall. The law achieved the opposite and made affordable housing in the city disappear.

Currently rented apartments are listed at a significant price discount at the moment. I'm assuming that any 2 year rent contracts in pesos will stay in pesos, but if the just repealed law allowed them to stay on month to month after the expiration of their lease contracts and they could not be evicted or have the rent raised more than $x amount, whoever bought those properties just got a heck of a deal. There's the small matter of evicting the tenants who feel entitled to keep paying $30 dollars a month in rent and may well trash the place on their way out.

Back