Rental of apartment questions

rob0001

Registered
So, I'm renewing my rental agreement again on my apartment. The owner wants to use the inflation rate as the escalating calculation for 3 month price increases. Of course, that number is for food, clothes, cars, fuel and a host of things that aren't apartment related so this is not a good number to be used for apartments. What have you used to determine this escalation factor other than inflation? Is their one for housing or rentals that could be used?
Also, when looking for an apartment do Argentines include the outside balcony in the living space!?

i am curious about this too. i have to renew my 6 month contract soon.

Some landlords use the ICL (Rental Contract Index) by the Central Bank, other landlords choose the IPC from Indec.
Now a dollar contract may be desirable. For peso contracts adjusted quarterly the index is compounded for Jan. Feb. March

Last edited:
Some landlords use the ICL (Rental Contract Index) by the Central Bank, other landlords choose the IPC from Indec.
Now a dollar contract may be desirable. For peso contracts adjusted quarterly the index is compounded for Jan. Feb. March

So, is the icl a lower rate than the ipc in the last quarter? Where do I look for this?

So, is the icl a lower rate than the ipc in the last quarter? Where do I look for this?
The ICL for the first quarter Jan -March 2024 gives 44.94 % increase...
The index IPC (Consumer Price Index) for the first quarter was 51.6 %.
Please correct if wrong.

The first quarter IPC index isn't available in the calculator yet .?

I am a tenant and my landlord is providing invoices piecemeal either in nobody's name or his name for my flat, some are paid by direct debit so have to reimburse him directly by transfer. The past 5 working days I have sat in the bank waiting to pay such invoices every day. It is taking life over and seems not normal. He gives me sometimes a few hours to pay the invoice even if he has a direct debit. He only sends the invoices on public holidays and specifically weekends so it is impossible to go to a bank. He is now complaining that my partner who lives with me officially pays the invoices and sends him the receipt if I am not available. He says there is only one name on the lease. Is this normal in a rental here. Do you have the invoices in your name or do it like this with transfers. Do you have all the tenants names even if you are a married couple on the lease.The expensas also have mistakes and he says he does not care pay it. The consorio will only communicate to the owner. Does a tenant have any rights at all here...

So, I'm renewing my rental agreement again on my apartment. The owner wants to use the inflation rate as the escalating calculation for 3 month price increases. Of course, that number is for food, clothes, cars, fuel and a host of things that aren't apartment related so this is not a good number to be used for apartments. What have you used to determine this escalation factor other than inflation? Is their one for housing or rentals that could be used?
Also, when looking for an apartment do Argentines include the outside balcony in the living space!?
So, the owner of the apartment rents the apartment to the lessee, the lessee pays the owner and the owner then uses this income to buy “food, clothes, cars, fuel and a host of things” that are affected by inflation. Inflation, in any Country, affects everyone! It is sort of like saying, “the price to ride the bus just increased, it’s good thing I don’t use the bus!” But what about the waiters in the restaurant, the painters, plumbers, salespeople at the store, etc., etc., etc. You get the idea. This increase gets passed on to everyone.

So, the owner of the apartment rents the apartment to the lessee, the lessee pays the owner and the owner then uses this income to buy “food, clothes, cars, fuel and a host of things” that are affected by inflation. Inflation, in any Country, affects everyone! It is sort of like saying, “the price to ride the bus just increased, it’s good thing I don’t use the bus!” But what about the waiters in the restaurant, the painters, plumbers, salespeople at the store, etc., etc., etc. You get the idea. This increase gets passed on to everyone.
Sorry, what i meant to include in the above message that maybe was not obvious , many of the waiters, plumbers, etc. DO ride the bus, so their cost have increased, they pass it on to their employers. Inflation, very insidious.

Back