Rental of apartment questions

rob0001

Registered
So, I'm renewing my rental agreement again on my apartment. The owner wants to use the inflation rate as the escalating calculation for 3 month price increases. Of course, that number is for food, clothes, cars, fuel and a host of things that aren't apartment related so this is not a good number to be used for apartments. What have you used to determine this escalation factor other than inflation? Is their one for housing or rentals that could be used?
Also, when looking for an apartment do Argentines include the outside balcony in the living space!?

i am curious about this too. i have to renew my 6 month contract soon.

Some landlords use the ICL (Rental Contract Index) by the Central Bank, other landlords choose the IPC from Indec.
Now a dollar contract may be desirable. For peso contracts adjusted quarterly the index is compounded for Jan. Feb. March

Last edited:
Some landlords use the ICL (Rental Contract Index) by the Central Bank, other landlords choose the IPC from Indec.
Now a dollar contract may be desirable. For peso contracts adjusted quarterly the index is compounded for Jan. Feb. March

So, is the icl a lower rate than the ipc in the last quarter? Where do I look for this?

So, is the icl a lower rate than the ipc in the last quarter? Where do I look for this?
The ICL for the first quarter Jan -March 2024 gives 44.94 % increase...
The index IPC (Consumer Price Index) for the first quarter was 51.6 %.
Please correct if wrong.

The first quarter IPC index isn't available in the calculator yet .?

Back