Rental

Lanick

Registered
Hello. We are Argentines moving back to BsAs first time as a couple. We will be there for at least a year and we will be renting. It seems to be quite a renter’s market at the moment. What would be a logical percentage to offer off the asking price if willing to pay one years rent up front? Things are a lot different there since the last time we were in Argentina and would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks in advance.

You are from Argentina so I feel dumb giving you advice on Argentina, but…don’t pay rent up front for a year. That is basically giving your landlord permission to never fix anything. But you probably know better than me. Just my opinion.

You are from Argentina so I feel dumb giving you advice on Argentina, but…don’t pay rent up front for a year. That is basically giving your landlord permission to never fix anything. But you probably know better than me. Just my opinion.
No not at all. I’m not living there and never in my life rented a property long term. And got no idea what’s going on over there with this new econ situation. I’m sure you know better than I do. How’s the rental market at the moment? Many thanks

You won't know if you will be comfortable in an apartment until you give it a try for a few months. Don't be in a rush to pay for a year's stay in advance. The neighbors might drive you crazy, etc. and you will be stuck with it.

Temporary rentals usually charge in dollars and all expenses are included.

Back