Rentals. The most controversial points of the law that the Senate could approve

Contracts already signed continue with the existing Law. Contracts to be signed will fall under the Old Law..! Significant changes 2 year contracts available and Rental value to be negotiated privately between the parts..! Every 6 months or less..?
That would be at least somewhat logical, therefore it will not happen.
What will happen is that every landlord in CABA will immediately want to raise the rent on every tenant.

That would be at least somewhat logical, therefore it will not happen.
What will happen is that every landlord in CABA will immediately want to raise the rent on every tenant.

Old contracts can be reviewed once a year. On new contracts the parts can agree to price reviews every 3/6 months or whatever..!

Automatic Google Translation of entire article:
6 April 2023
More rumors about the rental law. While the group Inquilinos Agrupados denounces that the real estate companies began to cancel the signing of new contracts and even reservations, the ruling party continues to support the rumors regarding changes in the Rental Law. The deputy of the Frente de Todos, Carlos Silva, said this Thursday "the rental law will not be repealed, but some current articles will be suspended for 180 days."

Silva made this announcement after indicating that he had discussed it with the head of the Frente de Todos block, Germán Martínez. The statements, in an interview to El Destape radio, came days after the rumor that President Alberto Fernández and the Minister of Economy, Sergio Massa, had talked about the possibility of repealing the regulation, in a meeting after the trip they both made to Washington.

The pro-government congressman -who is not a member of any of the commissions that debated the law, but is considered to be close to Massa-, also remarked his differences with the leader of Inquilinos Agrupados, Gervasio Muñoz, stating that "he maintains that the law as it stands should not be touched. We have other complaints in the Chamber from tenant sectors. Yesterday I heard (provincial) Deputy Daniel Lipovetzky, who was the one who promoted the law, say that it had not worked". The referent of the tenants' group said in the last hours that the idea of repealing the law is an operation by Sergio Massa, whom they associate with the real estate companies, and argued that the law should remain in force for the State to regulate. Although Silva assured that "what challenges us is to take care of the most vulnerable sector, which is that of tenants," he considered that "we must find a middle ground, there are about 20 projects in Congress." "I think the most important thing is that we have all acquired a degree of maturity so that partisan decisions are not imposed," Silva said, considering that "the suspension makes it a priority for us to debate the issue."....

Well another update seems there was a clause in the contract that said either party could terminate contract for any reason with 60 days notice. so we were not so politely asked to leave.. I have always depended on my wife's family to rent for us as they have income and a warranty property . How do retirees rent down here with just ss income and no warranty on their own. I don't have much time now so I am looking at temp rentals also as it looks a little easier on the requirements.. I don't want to rely on them any more especially after they signed this contract. I was in the states when my wife got this place . Any info would be greatly apricated. ps i did send a request online to the embassy for a ss income verification letter but so far no response, but it was a holiday week

i did send a request online to the embassy for a ss income verification letter but so far no response, but it was a holiday week.

Go to the SS website and create a "My Social Security" account.

Then you can download a PDF and print the benefit letter.

PS: Could you please provide the email address you sent the request to? 🤠

Last edited:
I had saved the website from another discussion on this forum and used it last Tuesday but now when I went to try it it gives me an error code and is not there. I cant remember who posted it. maybe Gracielle? I havent been able to do an online social security account since I originally applied always blocks me and have tried over phone and still no help. I wanted to go in person but always put it off.

I had saved the website from another discussion on this forum and used it last Tuesday but now when I went to try it it gives me an error code and is not there.

I just found the email address: [email protected]

I havent been able to do an online social security account since I originally applied always blocks me and have tried over phone and still no help.

I think someone recently posted that it was not possible to use a foreign address when creating a "My Social Security" account.

I sugest you use a family member's address in the USA to try to set up the account and then change it to your Argentine address.

I may have been usng my brother's address in the USA when I set up my "My Social Security" Account in 2012 or 2013, but I am certain that I have been using my Argentine address since 2014, as I recieved the "Proof of life" forms for 2014 and 2016 here (but none since).

PS: "My Social Security" account is still working.

Last edited:
If you send an email requesting SSA income verification to address: [email protected] can receive a verification letter in Spanish.
Perhaps not.

I found the address earlier this evening in a search in my yahoo account (at the top of the page).

I sent an email to this address on March 20th with a pdf of the "proodf of life" form after my benefits had been suspended in March..but when I checked my "sent" folder" for March 20th the email was not there.

Fortuantely, I also sent a signed form (with all of the codes and numbers from a form I received in 2016) to the embassy on April 3rd when I saw that the April SS depòsit had not been made to my Schwab account,.

After not finding the email(s) of March 20 in my sent folder, I went to my "My Social Security" account to see of the monthy bebefit still showed "0" as it did on march 20.

To my pleasant surprise, it showed the current monhtly benefit is being paid as well as my Argentine address.

I was able to download the lette in a couple minutes.

I then checked my Schwab account and saw that the past two month's deposots were credited to my account today.

All I can suggest is that you try to create a "My Social Security" account on lineand, if you want to send an email, try this address (with a "dot" between fbu and argentina):

[email protected]

I used both adresses on March 20 and neither of the emails appear in my sent folder.

Back