Renters insurance...is it available?

rob0001

Registered
I'm moving to BA in August. Is there any renters insurance available especially for theft in BA?
Thanks for your help!

What type of residency have you applied for? Have you received your DNI yet? Once you have your DNI you can do ordinary things like buying insurance but without it you will find ordinary life very hard indeed

What type of residency have you applied for? Have you received your DNI yet? Once you have your DNI you can do ordinary things like buying insurance but without it you will find ordinary life very hard indeed
I will have my temporary residency, according to my attorney, within 10 days of arrival on August 29th. I met with him when I was there in April. I have no idea how long after that it takes to get the DNI.
I understand I will need a DNI for insurance but my question remains...Is there renters insurance in Argentina that includes things like theft and liability?

I will have my temporary residency, according to my attorney, within 10 days of arrival on August 29th. I met with him when I was there in April. I have no idea how long after that it takes to get the DNI.
I understand I will need a DNI for insurance but my question remains...Is there renters insurance in Argentina that includes things like theft and liability?
May be not as a single package, but you can make a custom plan, or buy several policies. See, for example

Cobertura de robo y/o hurto: Además, estás cubierto en caso de robo y/o hurto de los bienes de tu hogar.
Contrato de alquiler: Si sos inquilino, esta póliza te permite cumplir con la exigencia de tu contrato de alquiler.

Thanks for the info!
By the way, I asked my attorney and he said it takes about 30 days after I get approval for temporary residency to get the DNI.

Thanks for the info!
By the way, I asked my attorney and he said it takes about 30 days after I get approval for temporary residency to get the DNI.
I contacted some companies.. if you have a salary in USD/EUR it's okay.
They want the following documents
- copy contract
- copy of bank statements ( past 3 months)
- copy of salary statements ( past 3 months)

and that's it.. nothing out of the ordinary to be honest.

I contacted some companies.. if you have a salary in USD/EUR it's okay.
They want the following documents
- copy contract
- copy of bank statements ( past 3 months)
- copy of salary statements ( past 3 months)

and that's it.. nothing out of the ordinary to be honest.
Thanks!

I'm moving to BA in August. Is there any renters insurance available especially for theft in BA?
Thanks for your help!
which company you have chosen for renter insurance, I am considering moving to BA and want to know all those things so I have a clear idea of what sort of expense I have to faced

which company you have chosen for renter insurance, I am considering moving to BA and want to know all those things so I have a clear idea of what sort of expense I have to face
I decided to self-insure after looking at what I'm bringing.....
I will likely get medical insurance, but it won't happen for a few months after I get my DNI number.

I decided to self-insure after looking at what I'm bringing.....
I will likely get medical insurance, but it won't happen for a few months after I get my DNI number.
I see i am also thinking to self insurance as this is the only way to go around as the cost are rising fast

Back