Rentista Visa And Tax Issues

Regarding your bank accout/lump sum, you cannot do this.

I have a residencia rentista and they demand verification from a professsional in your home country and financial statements proving that you have $30K in pesos in passive income. You have to submit it all and they review it. There is some flexibility, but not that much.

I would not spend the money on an attorney unless you are in a hurry, don't speak spanish, hate lines at migraciones.

I always brought a book and read while I waited, both in line and seated.

I have done it all myself for the last two years. I got all the info from this website and when I had uncertainties, kind posters on this website helped me.

The attorney will charge you about $1,500 for the first year then $500-$1000 each suceeding year. Once you do it the first time, the second and third times are not a big deal (unless they change the rules - which they always do).

It will take more than a few months with an attorney or without.

Mine took 8 weeks with an attorney, wait in lines minimal.

I have a residencia rentista and they demand verification from a professsional in your home country and financial statements proving that you have $30K in pesos in passive income. You have to submit it all and they review it. There is some flexibility, but not that much.

Thanks for the heads-up on the 'passive income' bit. Do you mind me asking what the source of your monthly income was/is? Any idea whether income from a rental property would qualify? Thanks!

Back