Rentista Visa From Rents Collected in 2019

thanks for your guys, i learn a lot from the forum . and i will keep to update what is going on :)

visited HSBC, Santander, Galicia, Banco de nacional, Itau. etc... all refused to open bank accout with CDI and passport and certificado de domicllio, all ask for DNI...

I wonder if anyone has an opinion about how the proposed changes to the Bienes Personales tax will affect those with temporary residence under the Rentista category: in many cases this form of residence will have been obtained on the basis of real estate ownership overseas and in many cases the value of this property will exceed the minimum threshold and attract the tax, reaching potentially as high as 2.25% of the value of the asset per year. In this scenario obtaining or continuing residency in Argentina under the Rentista category becomes a very expensive choice. Whereas previously the get-out-of-jail card might have been to fix one's domicile outside Argentina, it appears the new law closes this loophole.

I wonder if anyone has an opinion about how the proposed changes to the Bienes Personales tax will affect those with temporary residence under the Rentista category: in many cases this form of residence will have been obtained on the basis of real estate ownership overseas and in many cases the value of this property will exceed the minimum threshold and attract the tax, reaching potentially as high as 2.25% of the value of the asset per year. In this scenario obtaining or continuing residency in Argentina under the Rentista category becomes a very expensive choice. Whereas previously the get-out-of-jail card might have been to fix one's domicile outside Argentina, it appears the new law closes this loophole.

As this is the first I've read about the "proposed changes to the Bienes Personales tax" I wonder if the proposal is to apply the bienes personales tax to all temporary residents, making all of their assets outside of Argentina (including vehicles), or just those with the visa rentista?

In other words, would the world wide assets of those who have the visa pensionado (based on US Social Security income, for example) also be subject to the bienes personales tax if this proposal is enacted, and , even if it is, how would AFIP ever know what they owned abroad...unless a whistle blower (aka: someone they pissed off) makes a denuncia (if that's actually possible)?

Citizenship is, always, the best option.

As this is the first I've read about the "proposed changes to the Bienes Personales tax" I wonder if the proposal is to apply the bienes personales tax to all temporary residents, making all of their assets outside of Argentina (including vehicles), or just those with the visa rentista?

In other words, would the world wide assets of those who have the visa pensionado (based on US Social Security income, for example) also be subject to the bienes personales tax if this proposal is enacted, and , even if it is, how would AFIP ever know what they owned abroad...unless a whistle blower (aka: someone they pissed off) makes a denuncia (if that's actually possible)?
The worst problem is not Bienes Personales but, instead, income tax (35%) because you are taxable if you are a resident for at least 182 days per year.
While there are records about how long foreigner residents live in Argentina, there is none about Argentines.

The worst problem is not Bienes Personales but, instead, income tax (35%) because you are taxable if you are a resident for at least 182 days per year.
While there are records about how long foreigner residents live in Argentina, there is none about Argentines.

OMFG!!

The proposal also includes income tax on all temporary residents (who are required to be in Argentina 182 days per year to maintain their temporary residency)?

PS: Even this creates no problem for me, I m very sorry for what this means to most expats with temporary residency.

Citizenship is, always, the best option.
Are Argentine citizens exempt from paying either the bienes personales on their foreign properties or income tax on their foreign income if they live outside of Argentina more than 182 days per year?

^ This is a very good question that could be determinative for almost all expats on whether or not to naturalize.

Would becoming a citizen legally reduce or eliminate the tax liability on foreign income and foreign assets for those who live in Argentina more than 182 days of the year?

Are you referring ot AFIP when you mention there are no records about how long Argentines live in Argentina?

Are you referring to the number of days of the year?

Even if there are no records of how many days of the year an Argenitne is living in Argentina, at what point, if any, do they become exempt from paying the bienes personales on foreign assets or income tax on theor foreign income?

In other words, at some point, aren't Argentines living in Argentina legally responsible for declaring their value of their foreign assess and their foreign income?

Finally, what are the consequences for a naturalized Argentine who fails to comply with whatever tax laws there are?

Back