Rentista visa question

NYC1417

Registered
Hello,
Have searched all over, including online Argentine Embassy website NYC but have not been successful in finding out a credible answer to these questions:
1. Are "rentista visas still issued?"
2. If they are, has the required income jumped very high?
3. How does one apply?

Also, anyone know about this type of situation?
I am from NYC, my partner is from Thailand (lives there). We both want to come to B.A. I shall try for a Rentista Visa. He will not because he doesn't have pensions, etc. to qualify. Do you think he would be allowed into the country and stay with me?

Looking forward to living in B.A.

Thank you, in advance.

Since your partner is from Thailand he will be allow to stay up to 90 days each time he enter the country and after 90 days he can go to Colonial for one day and return with another 90 days.

I believe rentista visa still issued and the requirement income is more than 2000 usd per month I think but if you are over 50 years old and receive SS from the government then the requirement is less ( I got my one year retirement visa just to show 1400 usd per month) Hope this help

NYC1417 said:
Hello,
Have searched all over, including online Argentine Embassy website NYC but have not been successful in finding out a credible answer to these questions:
3. How does one apply?

Also, anyone know about this type of situation?
I am from NYC, my partner is from Thailand (lives there). We both want to come to B.A. I shall try for a Rentista Visa. He will not because he doesn't have pensions, etc. to qualify. Do you think he would be allowed into the country and stay with me?

Looking forward to living in B.A.

Thank you, in advance.

Here's the link (in Spanish) to the monthly income needed for such a visa:
http://infoleg.mecon.gov.ar/infolegInternet/anexos/165000-169999/169991/norma.htm

Here's the same thing fed into Google Translate.

Here's some forum discussions on it on BAExpats:

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/10765-new-rentista-visa-requirements.html

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/16639-rentista-visa-specific-questions.html

There is other stuff on the forums too. I never looked though because I never applied for this visa. So, couldn't help you personally, but I hope the links above point you in the right direction.

I got one last october in NZ, so yes they still issued.

The income requirement is US$2000 per month, from income outside the country. Some people say its to be a passive income, however this was never mentioned to me, i get most of my income from web related stuff.

Just contact your local argentine embassy. I emailed them, they sent me the applications form, and list of requirements, i posted it back with my passport, and 1 week later was told i had to arrange an interview, went for interview - took 15 mins, then 1 week after that i recieved passport back in mail with visa.

Below is what i got from embassy:

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A) REQUIREMENTS:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]An application form (filled out and signed)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Evidences that you will be receiving a monthly income of 2.500 argentine pesos (NZ $ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1,200.00 approximately[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) from outside the country while you stay in Argentina. We need a certified letter stating the fulfillment of this requirement. A bank statement would be useful as well.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Interview with the Head of the Consular Section[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The consular fee: to be confirmed at the beginning of each month - please telephone the Consular Section (04-472 8330 Ext 700/707). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B) STEPS:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You can submit your application by a representative through the channel of the National Immigration Service in Argentina [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Dirección Nacional de Migraciones, www.migraciones.gov.ar) or personally before the nearest Argentinean Consulate where you live.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C) DOCUMENTS FOR THE VISA:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A valid passport of at least one year validity from the date of entry into Argentina.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Birth Certificate legalized with the Apostille and its translation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Police Clearance legalized and translated– You have to submit a police clearance from all the countries you have lived more than six months in the last 5 years.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Marriage/Divorce Certificate (if applicable) legalized with the Apostille and its translation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]4 passport size photos[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sworn declaration signed before the Head of the Consular Section stating that you have no criminal records in any other country.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note: Documents in point 2, 3 and 4 issued by New Zealand authorities must be legalized by the Department of Internal Affairs NZ, please see www.dia.govt.nz/apostille for further information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Documents that were issued in countries other than New Zealand: Please, check that the country is a signatory to The Hague Convention so your document needs the Apostille or contact your Embassy for information on the Authentication process (see www.dia.govt.nz/apostille). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]D) Please allow UP TO FIVE working days for the processing of your visa.[/FONT]

NOTE: Because i done it in NZ nothing had to be translated to spanish.

NYC1417 said:
Hello,
3. How does one apply?

"Migraciones is now calls it the financier visa."

You can read the details on this page:

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?nomercosur_temporaria

(Thanks to surfing to the link.)

It very well be much easlier to apply for the visa in NYC.

As Davonz noted, you may not have to have the docs translated It also may be possible to provide a state or city issued criminal report rather than one from the FBI and it might be easier to provide evidence required to prove your income.

One other thing has changed. The "CERTIFICATE OF LACK OF CRIMINAL RECORD issued by the competent authorities of the countries where they have resided for a period exceeding ONE (1) year, during the course of the last THREE (3) years." Previously it was five years.

davonz said:
I got one last october in NZ, so yes they still issued.

The income requirement is US$2000 per month, from income outside the country. Some people say its to be a passive income, however this was never mentioned to me, i get most of my income from web related stuff.

Just contact your local argentine embassy. I emailed them, they sent me the applications form, and list of requirements, i posted it back with my passport, and 1 week later was told i had to arrange an interview, went for interview - took 15 mins, then 1 week after that i recieved passport back in mail with visa.

Below is what i got from embassy:

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A) REQUIREMENTS:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]An application form (filled out and signed)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Evidences that you will be receiving a monthly income of 2.500 argentine pesos (NZ $ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1,200.00 approximately[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) from outside the country while you stay in Argentina. We need a certified letter stating the fulfillment of this requirement. A bank statement would be useful as well.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Interview with the Head of the Consular Section[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The consular fee: to be confirmed at the beginning of each month - please telephone the Consular Section (04-472 8330 Ext 700/707). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B) STEPS:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You can submit your application by a representative through the channel of the National Immigration Service in Argentina [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Dirección Nacional de Migraciones, www.migraciones.gov.ar) or personally before the nearest Argentinean Consulate where you live.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C) DOCUMENTS FOR THE VISA:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A valid passport of at least one year validity from the date of entry into Argentina.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Birth Certificate legalized with the Apostille and its translation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Police Clearance legalized and translated– You have to submit a police clearance from all the countries you have lived more than six months in the last 5 years.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Marriage/Divorce Certificate (if applicable) legalized with the Apostille and its translation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]4 passport size photos[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sworn declaration signed before the Head of the Consular Section stating that you have no criminal records in any other country.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note: Documents in point 2, 3 and 4 issued by New Zealand authorities must be legalized by the Department of Internal Affairs NZ, please see www.dia.govt.nz/apostille for further information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Documents that were issued in countries other than New Zealand: Please, check that the country is a signatory to The Hague Convention so your document needs the Apostille or contact your Embassy for information on the Authentication process (see www.dia.govt.nz/apostille). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]D) Please allow UP TO FIVE working days for the processing of your visa.[/FONT]

NOTE: Because i done it in NZ nothing had to be translated to spanish.
Your post say $2500 ARS -- shouldn't that be $8000 (US$2000)?

Yes it is more now - the arg embassy hadnt updated their application form.. I got my bank to put US$2000 a month on the letter stating my income as the kiwi peso is up and down like a !!!!!!!

Dear DAVONZ, SURFING, SETEVINBSAS, NICOENARG AND VBKK,
Thank you for your replies and valuable information. I had no idea anyone would respond so quickly! Great surprise.
I shall now click on the recommended links and follow through with the embassy here in New York.
Again, to all of you,
Many thanks
NYC1417

I suggest you look for a turist visa.
Once here you can overstay without consequenses as far as here you don t become an "illegal". To renewal the tourist visa traveling to Uruguay every 3 months is a waste of time and money.
If you plan to immigrate to Argentina, then after 1 year you can apply for citizenship straight: www.rubilar.com.ar
To apply for legal residency is the best way, if you application is rejected, to get a deportation order and a prohibition to re entry for between 5 up to 10 years. If you stay under the radar, then you can overstay as long as you want.
Regards

Assuming your handle indicates you're in NYC, stop by the consulate at 12 West 56th. Or you can call for an appointment to speak with someone about immigration. When I was going through this in 2006, they offered an extra-charge service - but much less expensive than agents here charge - that included all the official translations and most of the services provided by visa agents here.

The consulate folks were very helpful. Since the visa needs to be issued by a consulate abroad, and since all the documents you need for the application come from the US, it's MUCH easier to work with them than trying to deal with Migraciones once you're here.

Back