Visa Rentista and the need for pesification

Marta

Registered
Hello, I have a visa rentista from 11.2022 - it’s end 11.2023 I have enough passive income for new emigration rules to extend my visa. I can send it to my Argentinian bank accounts in USD (I already have a USD account) - In the new system can I withdraw USD or I must convert it to Peso and withdraw Peso from the bank?

I am from Poland, and I plan to stay here and build my business and live. I don’t want to live on a tourist visa, I need stability but I also don't want to lose money...

Maybe someone has a good immigration lawyer to advise.

Hello, I have a visa rentista from 11.2022 - it’s end 11.2023 I have enough passive income for new emigration rules to extend my visa. I can send it to my Argentinian bank accounts in USD (I already have a USD account) - In the new system can I withdraw USD or I must convert it to Peso and withdraw Peso from the bank?

I am from Poland, and I plan to stay here and build my business and live. I don’t want to live on a tourist visa, I need stability but I also don't want to lose money...

Maybe someone has a good immigration lawyer to advise.
I suggest you consider to go straight for AR citizenship.

I suggest you consider to go straight for AR citizenship.
But isn't that risky? Has anyone really managed to do it? I can't imagine living normally without DNI.
Can I leave the country with this procedure? Can I start a company?

But isn't that risky? Has anyone really managed to do it? I can't imagine living normally without DNI.
You cannot be deported.
They are debating about this topic here with comments of people who got citizenship this way:
I suggest you enroll in monotributo now. Once you are enrolled, they do not care about your status.
It is not confortable but it might be the only way without marriage or having a baby.

I have rentista visa and I did peso-ify the income during the decision process and 3 months before. After I received the rentista visa I stopped doing it. So, that is one strategy. Talk to your immigration lawyer to see.

If you simply want to live here and your business is not local, then you could just live here on a tourist visa and overstay. If you plan to start a local business, then yeah you will need a legal visa. And if you want citizenship you will need legal residency to have a liklihood of success.

I have rentista visa and I did peso-ify the income during the decision process and 3 months before. After I received the rentista visa I stopped doing it. So, that is one strategy. Talk to your immigration lawyer to see.

If you simply want to live here and your business is not local, then you could just live here on a tourist visa and overstay. If you plan to start a local business, then yeah you will need a legal visa. And if you want citizenship you will need legal residency to have a liklihood of success.
Legal residence is not needed for citizenship.

I believe that when you apply for renewal of the rentista residency, Migraciones will ask for a record of your monthly passive income transfers. That's what happened to me.

Legal residence is not needed for citizenship.
Hi Bajo,

I have been following your posts regarding similar comments of yours regarding legal residence not being required for citizenship. I’ve also read through your entire website and while I can certainly see there is a legal way of navigating citizenship this route by retaining a lawyer such as yourself, I find myself in a situation where I want to stack the odds in my favor of the fastest/most guaranteed path to citizenship.

That said, I will still be needing to retain a lawyer as my Spanish is not good and I have some specific situations with my scenario. I have ample liquid funds however no true passive income. I have been reading a strategy would be to create an irrevocable trust and funding it with 30k USD to more than cover the passive income requirement. That said, others have mentioned migraciones want to ideally see passive income from property or other non liquid investment.

Bottom line is I have an intention to renounce my US citizenship after acquiring Argentinian citizenship and St. Kitts citizenship. Time is of the essence for me as I have a unique situation with a company selling in the next few years which I do not want to be a US citizen for obvious reasons when that investment matures and distributions are made to me.

Please correct me if I am wrong…. My thoughts to stack the likliehood of swiftest and most probable chance of citizenship being granted in the fastest time with the information I provided, going for a rentista residency would be a prudent course of action. If my application is denied for whatever reason, does this severely or ultimately destroy my chances of obtaining citizenship?

Once again, I would like to retain a lawyer regardless and have made contact with your office but my hope is you stumble across this message and provide any input at all that could help steer me in the best direction with the goal of successfully acquiring citizenship without uncertainties.

Last edited:
Back