Rentista Wire Transfer Woes. Need Help Please.

Section 23 of National Law 25871 sets the Rentista category granting you a current status as a temporary resident. The Executive Order implementing this law especifcally states that you need to go to a bank under BCRA control to channel the funds involved. In Accordance with this, the Central Bank issued "Comunicacion A 4717" allowing an income generated abroad to be transfered to a local bank account. To make a long story short, the Central Bank can't issue an order saying the opposite.

The latest update on Comunicacion A 4717 seems to be Comunicacion A 5264 from 2012. The text remains unaltered.

I opened a Universal free account at HSCB today, super easy with a temporary residency visa DNI which is expired, and a current precaria letter/form from migraciones. They said I'll be able to Xoom the money into the account in a few weeks when it's active. The monthly limit is 20,000 pesos, so that's fine with the minimum of 8,000 per month Rentista requirement. I'll update when things either go through or fall apart. I'm hoping for the former!

Great news! It all worked as planned. I went to my local Argentine HSBC bank and politely, kindly, humbly asked the friendly branch manager to write me a specific official letter stating I had made the transfer from Chase to Xoom to HSBC. She included the account numbers and names that all matched up with what Immigraciones had on record with my Rentista application. That letter connected all the dots for the Immigraciones officers and they accepted it. Today we reapplied for our DNI's and everything is good....for now. We'll see what next year's renewal process brings, but for now we're stoked! Thanks for all your help and advice. The funny thing is this all had to happen by our Dec 9th deadline. I wonder how things have changed now with the open currency market. Oh well....

Back