Rents - The Internet Vs. Reality

Mamma mia, it is getting overcomplicated already. I am moving there to make my life simpler and it is looking all the opposite as of now. I really hope that once I land in BsAs next week I will be overwhelmed with the positive feelings I got there last time. Reading this forum it looks like anywhere in Africa would have been better.

It will all be OK. As soon as you get in the taxi at Ezeiza your heart will begin to sing, and you will know that you have made the right decision. As you ride into town through the colorful spectacle of Argentine traffic, the drivers cheerfully saluting one another in a happy cacophony of spontaneous celebration, you will feel your excitement rising...

It will all be OK. As soon as you get in the taxi at Ezeiza your heart will begin to sing, and you will know that you have made the right decision. As you ride into town through the colorful spectacle of Argentine traffic, the drivers cheerfully saluting one another in a happy cacophony of spontaneous celebration, you will feel your excitement rising...

Assuming your smoking some weed in the taxi.

Another note on the Guarantia - it generally has to be property near where you are renting. I've had several friends who had trouble getting an apartment in BsAs because their parents live in Mar de Plata. Also, I've heard that many landlords in Capital Federal won't accept guarantías from properties outside the city limits.

The garantia has to be in Capital Federal for sure. The reason is if they try to sue you for back rent it would be costly and difficult if not possible for them to pursue someone who's garantia has property outside Capital Federal. Since it is indeed difficult to get a renter out of your apartment and the laws protect them, the owners must protect themselves and cover all bases possible. It's perfectly understandable from the point of view of the owner of the property. My friend had a renter live two years for free in their apartment in Palermo. Plus they did a ton of damage.

If they hand me a babà I might as well feel like in Naples. It is all there: the sea, the noise, the confusion, the unruly lifestyle, the super-duper food, the social network still by blood or friendship. And they even have Maradona.

Or a cannoli. I would kill for a good pistachio cannoli.

OMG Thanks for the biggest laugh of my day! What kind of drugs are you taking??? Please tell me this is sarcasm -- it's hard to tell when you really do seem to be wandering around with rose coloured glasses licking an ice cream cone and bursting into song with the animals on the level of a Disney movie...I can hardly say that my heart has ever SANG on the trip in on the Riccheri, especially seeing as half the time there's a huge jam of traffic coming onto the General Paz. And never mind the crappy tenement buildings and villas, that my husband always points out and says "see that (tenement) building? That's where I grew up. Thank f--- I don't live there anymore, that was sh-- -- and the villa barely even existed then". Ugh. The trip in from Ezeiza is a metaphor for this whole country, work you're way through an awful lot of crap and awfulness and maybe you'll find some glimmers of light/hope/beauty...

OMG Thanks for the biggest laugh of my day! What kind of drugs are you taking??? Please tell me this is sarcasm -- it's hard to tell when you really do seem to be wandering around with rose coloured glasses licking an ice cream cone and bursting into song with the animals on the level of a Disney movie...I can hardly say that my heart has ever SANG on the trip in on the Riccheri, especially seeing as half the time there's a huge jam of traffic coming onto the General Paz. And never mind the crappy tenement buildings and villas, that my husband always points out and says "see that (tenement) building? That's where I grew up. Thank f--- I don't live there anymore, that was sh-- -- and the villa barely even existed then". Ugh. The trip in from Ezeiza is a metaphor for this whole country, work you're way through an awful lot of crap and awfulness and maybe you'll find some glimmers of light/hope/beauty...

9 out of 10 expats prefer to land in aeroparque - then they can just walk home through fabulous Palermo.

5 points to Pauper for putting the Castle up.

Tell 'im 'es dreamin

9 out of 10 expats prefer to land in aeroparque - then they can just walk home through fabulous Palermo.

I prefer land in Ezeiza especially on rainy days. Once i was standing for 2 hours at Aeroparque awaiting taxi after landing on a rainyday.

Back