Rents - The Internet Vs. Reality

OMG Thanks for the biggest laugh of my day! What kind of drugs are you taking??? Please tell me this is sarcasm -- it's hard to tell when you really do seem to be wandering around with rose coloured glasses licking an ice cream cone and bursting into song with the animals on the level of a Disney movie...I can hardly say that my heart has ever SANG on the trip in on the Riccheri, especially seeing as half the time there's a huge jam of traffic coming onto the General Paz. And never mind the crappy tenement buildings and villas, that my husband always points out and says "see that (tenement) building? That's where I grew up. Thank f--- I don't live there anymore, that was sh-- -- and the villa barely even existed then". Ugh. The trip in from Ezeiza is a metaphor for this whole country, work you're way through an awful lot of crap and awfulness and maybe you'll find some glimmers of light/hope/beauty...

Yes, I was being heavily tongue in cheek, thank you for recognising that. I write this way frequently, but most in these forums tend to take me literally, and then get all outraged. It's usually good for a laugh :)

Yes, I was being heavily tongue in cheek, thank you for recognising that. I write this way frequently, but most in these forums tend to take me literally, and then get all outraged. It's usually good for a laugh :)

You were writing this way about the Falklands too? good to know.

Ohhh, now I get it, those self indulgent 'literary sounding' blog posts that seemed to come direct from some expat with an Apple product in a fashionable cafe scribbling into a Moleskine, applying the same hammer and sickle shaped pink cookie cutter to every topic whether you know anything about it or not, claiming to speak for the whole forum on many and diverse subjects - it was all in jest.

You sure fooled me, you naughty possum.

I prefer land in Ezeiza especially on rainy days. Once i was standing for 2 hours at Aeroparque awaiting taxi after landing on a rainyday.

In two hours no one arrived at the Aeroparque in a taxi that would have taken you to your destination?

And you didn't have a cell phone to call for a radio taxi?

Ohhh, now I get it, those self indulgent 'literary sounding' blog posts that seemed to come direct from some expat with an Apple product in a fashionable cafe scribbling into a Moleskine, applying the same hammer and sickle shaped pink cookie cutter to every topic whether you know anything about it or not, claiming to speak for the whole forum on many and diverse subjects - it was all in jest.

Watch it pauper, I was accused (by another member that I admire very much) of making "personal attack" recently when I made a comment that Red had assumed the position of the self appointed spokesman for the forum.

I must say that it has been interesting to watch him grow from an "optimistic outsider" prior to his arrival, to a "glad-handed greeter" shortly after his arrival, and then a "self-appointed spokesman" (and scolder), continuously apologizing and/or saying he was joking all along the way and ultimately, having the last laugh on the rest of us.

Watch it pauper, I was accused of making "personal attack" recently when I made a comment that Red had assumed the position of the self appointed spokesman for the forum.

I must say that it has been interesting to watch him grow from an "optimistic outsider" prior to his arrival, to a "glad-handed greeter" shortly after his arrival, and then a "self-appointed spokesman" (and scolder), continuously apologizing and/or saying he was joking all along the way and ultimately, having the last laugh on the rest of us.

He is a lovable rogue our possum - but no match I'm afraid for Awesome Possum who started the most awesome thread in all baexpats history.

Back