Reommendation For Massage Workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherina

Registered
hey!

I am searching for a nice massage workshop in Buenos Aires (for early April) where I can learn basics about how to massage... The idea is to go there with my boyfriend, so it would be nice, if the workshop is a lot of practice and less theory... I was searching for something like that... but couldn't really find something in the internet...

Does anybody know from nice workshops or classes? I am interested in ayurveda massage, also in tantra (if it's not all about sex, but more the hole idea of tantra), but I am pretty much open to all kind of massages... Important is more, that the workshop itself has a nice relaxing atmosphere... (and it would be nice to have it done for couples) I would be happy to get the chance to massage each other a lot during the workshop... I hope you got my general idea.

So, I am really glad about any recommendations!

Hugs!

Katherina

Hello, Katherina, I hope this message finds you well.

It is so good to read your inquiry!! Last night I was talking to my good friends about how much I missed giving massage classes to couples. My friends were worried that offering these classes here specifically to couples might be misconstrued. I assured them there would be couples/friends/people with sick loved ones who wanted to give pleasure and comfort and would find these classes very useful. :)

A little about me: I was a professional massage therapist and instructor who trained in the United States. My practice had an emphasis on deep tissue, sports, Swedish and Thai massage along with creating an atmosphere where the client felt supported and comfortable. My clientele was very sophisticated, well traveled and educated and I was very fortunate to work with them. I write "was" because I had to stop my profession full-time due two spinal surgery and although I have recovered, I can no longer give full-body massages but area specific only, for example, feet.

My massage couple's classes are one on one with the couple (if you would like to share the class with another pareja, that is welcome as well). The class takes place on the floor while you are wearing loose fitting clothing. We begin the class with a brief overview of the anatomy we will be massaging, followed by an explanation of the types of strokes we will be using and why they are a beneficial, and some helpful tips on how to protect your body while massaging. And then we begin the massages!!

My method is to first demonstrate the massage on you so you can feel it, and immediately you massage your partner and vice versa, encouraging muscle memory and listening to their feed-back.

In a workshop we can focus on on one of three parts: the upper body which includes face, head, neck, shoulders, arms, and hands; the back which includes back, upper chest and stomach; lower extremity with a concentration on the lower leg and feet. I have designed the class to either teach all three sections in one day or in a series of three sessions.

If you would like any more information, I would be very happy to hear from you. My e-mail is: [email protected] or you may reach me at: 11.5656.1682.

Saludos,
Natasha Skowronski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back