Replacement Parts

gpop

Registered
Two items that I would not just-go-out-and-buy-new recently broke.
1. My steel watch band (how unfortunate that even though the watch body is made of steel, there are some small connecting parts that are plastic... but more to the point, I like my watch and haven't found one that I like quite like my shitty little Casio aq160wd :p ).
2. The ear pads on my Bose AE2; I've had a lot of headphones and these are my favorites.

#1 will not just sell you the little plastic doodads, you have to get a new watch band... and if it's not a popular type, probably have to get a new watch altogether.
#2 none of the OFFICIAL resellers/distributors carry, sell, or will order parts. While you can find the replacement parts on Bose web site (US$35) or knock-offs on Ebay (US$12); No go in Argentina.

This was not the first time I've run into this. Some of the more high-end things a person would expect to be able to find replacement parts for, simply don't find their way into Argentina. Even international brands, under warranty cannot get parts.
I've had a espresso machine in service for well over 2 years now for lack of some doohickey. What the hell is the warranty good for then?

In a city of this size, one would expect availability of parts for consumer goods to be more abundant. And certainly, since the import ban, the K plan was to produce Argentine made goods to replace the need for importing; alas, this is going nowhere and that void has not (and probably never will) be filled. These are just small things I rant about, but the fact is there are people losing their businesses for lack of replacement parts for their production machines. Thanks Christina.

Two items that I would not just-go-out-and-buy-new recently broke.
1. My steel watch band (how unfortunate that even though the watch body is made of steel, there are some small connecting parts that are plastic... but more to the point, I like my watch and haven't found one that I like quite like my shitty little Casio aq160wd :p ).
2. The ear pads on my Bose AE2; I've had a lot of headphones and these are my favorites.

#1 will not just sell you the little plastic doodads, you have to get a new watch band... and if it's not a popular type, probably have to get a new watch altogether.
#2 none of the OFFICIAL resellers/distributors carry, sell, or will order parts. While you can find the replacement parts on Bose web site (US$35) or knock-offs on Ebay (US$12); No go in Argentina.

This was not the first time I've run into this. Some of the more high-end things a person would expect to be able to find replacement parts for, simply don't find their way into Argentina. Even international brands, under warranty cannot get parts.
I've had a espresso machine in service for well over 2 years now for lack of some doohickey. What the hell is the warranty good for then?

In a city of this size, one would expect availability of parts for consumer goods to be more abundant. And certainly, since the import ban, the K plan was to produce Argentine made goods to replace the need for importing; alas, this is going nowhere and that void has not (and probably never will) be filled. These are just small things I rant about, but the fact is there are people losing their businesses for lack of replacement parts for their production machines. Thanks Christina.

¡Bienvenidos a Kirchnerlandia! We don't need no stinkin' imports!

i spent one full day in Sao Paulo looking for an overn part becasue there is any here! But I got it but I was lucky I was going to Brazil, otherwise forget it!

i spent one full day in Sao Paulo looking for an overn part becasue there is any here! But I got it but I was lucky I was going to Brazil, otherwise forget it!

I hope the individual who was considering bringing a washer and dryer to Argentina from the USA reads this. I had to scrap an Ariston washing machine (made in Italy) and a Philips 42' plasma TV (made in Belgium) far lack of replacement parts.

Back