Request for valueable advice.

Dear Sir.. Its an honor to be able to write back to you.. I have read All about you well almost all on this forum.you give me a very strong ray of hope and i sincerely Thankyou For that. I will be starting to work on my case in the coming days now.. And i am sure that it is an achieveable target. Bless you. And Thanks A Lot for your valuable time. Tc.

I would take this as a very positive indication that your chances of getting a visa to study in Argentina are good, provided you can fulfill all of the requirements.

Does the expression "self finance" mean you have savings that you will use to support yourself while you are a student or do you intend to work in Argentina? If I understand correctly, a student DNI will grant you the "right" to work in Argentina, but I don't know if migraciones would react favorably if you tell then in advance that's what you are planing to do. This isn't particularly a good time to seek any kind of employment in Argentina.

I may indeed have posted that temporary residency based a student visa could be upgraded to permanent residency on the third renewal, but that most likely would have been based on another post I read. Even if it was correct at the time, that could have changed by now. I don't recall ever reading a post by a member of this forum that was granted permanent residency at the start of their fourth year of studies, so I hope we'll hear from someone who knows for sure.

As far as I Know, the two year "unterrupted physical presence" requirement for citizenship has nothing to do with your status with migraciones, though having a DNI as a student might make it possible to apply for citizenship without legal assistance and the related costs, but your chances of success may be greatly enhanced if you are represented by experienced legal counsel.

If you have permanent residency in Australia and it's not likely to be revoked, why would you seek either permanent residency or citizenship in Argentina?

If, based on your infatuation with Latin America, you simply want to obtain permanent residence in a Latin American country, I suggest you consider Paraguay. The "latest" information I have is that if you deposit about $5000 USD in a Paraguayan bank and stay in the country for six months you should be able to obtain permanent residency.

One note of caution: I've also read (in the past year) that the claims of an "easy" path to Paraguayan citizenship may be greatly exaggerated and that it is rarely (if ever) granted to foreigners.

Dear steve..
By self-finance i meant using my own resources as u correctly understood. So even if i dont opt to work for a while it shud be ok.. And also it would be very imprudent to go about immigration matters without a good legal counsel the like of mr Rubilar..also i would like to add that besides my infatuation for the americas the fact remains that if i study in australia on my pr i would still have to stay 4 years before applying for citizenship..u r right it remains to be seen if anyone studying here has gotten pr through the student route.. But mr. Rubilar gives me hope. and also the unversities in aus have hefty fees to be paid though some loan by govt is possible.so it was just a way to fulfil an old craze along with pursuing further education that brought me here to this forum and thanks for the paraguay input i will beblooking into that as well.. Though they wouldn't have the likes of the univ of buenos aires or cordoba anyway Thanks for spending time to assist me. GodBless

Hi, I currently live in Buenos Aires. I'm looking for an Immigration lawyer?

I may add that its not a joke to learn Spanish and then do a whole degree in Spanish.

also the city is v expensive, you better have money to support yrself.

3rdly, even after u do get a degree, there may not be any job.

I may add that its not a joke to learn Spanish and then do a whole degree in Spanish.

also the city is v expensive, you better have money to support yrself.

3rdly, even after u do get a degree, there may not be any job.

Hi ceviche..

The problem is spanish which will have to be learnt and that asks for a one year language course atleast hmm as for jobs i second you
..i need to think this over.if i can come for a language course only that might make more sense.and then time can take its course.you r correct it is a pretty expensive city by the looks of it.. Thanks for this food for thought.
Appreciate your input and concerns.
Regards

Hi serjio.. Thanks for your interest.. Its just the fact that i was interested in the latin region on the whole which has been attracting me towards it. I find the people to be warm and friendlier not to say that australians arent.. Its more of a desire to relive time thats passed me by in a way.chao.

Did you say that you have Pakistani citizenship? I know many Pakistanis from work overseas and can tell you all about their difficulties getting work or residence visas for countries like the US, Canada and Australia. That you would want to put at risk Australian permanent residence and citizenship surprises me. Personally I have found Australians a lot more outgoing, welcoming and friendly than Argentines. Anyway, if you want a truly "Latin American" experience I don't think Argentina - certainly not BA - is the place for you. Despite the influx in recent years of people from other parts of Latin America, Argentina remains different from other Latin American countries so unless you decide to live in a pueblo somewhere in the north of the country where there are more indigenous people, I think you will not find what you want in BA.

Did you say that you have Pakistani citizenship? I know many Pakistanis from work overseas and can tell you all about their difficulties getting work or residence visas for countries like the US, Canada and Australia. That you would want to put at risk Australian permanent residence and citizenship astonishes me. Personally I have found Australians a lot more outgoing, welcoming and friendly than Argentines.
Hi serjio
yes thats very true.. I have pakistani citizenship and yes its not everyday we ppl get canad or austr work visas residency etc well i was never risking aust residency i was merely trying to go for argentian one as well but u r very spot on..i will think it all over again i suppose maybe i Am missing something here. Thanks a Lot for your concerns. Truly Appreciate it. Best regards. Remo.

I have a good Pakistani friend whose ex wife and children live in the US. The friend lives in the Gulf. It took him nearly a year to get a tourist visa to visit his children -- forget residence visa. You should be very careful.

Hi serjio..
You have been very generous with your time and sincere advice and i couldnt agree less.. I need to be very careful. Thanks a lot.

Back