Request: Hunting For Red Stag

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]
Like I said, "Legal" and "Good", not the same.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]
As an aside, it being legal is what all hunters say to defend themselves when global outrage reaches them after a particularly nasty deed. That's what happened with that vile US dentist who beheaded the protected collar-wearing lion luring him out of his reserve with bait. All he had to say to excuse himself was "it was legal"[/background]

Tilda, thank you for you politeness and your carefully written thoughts.

Just a couple of points that go to the heart of all this.

1- Prostitution is legal in this country, just as much as hunting is. You can find it morally abhorrent or not (that debate is sort-of raging next door in this forum right now, feel free to check it out), however legal doesn't make it right (as opposed to morally wrong) and both activities are legal in this land, and both are morally questionable at best.

2- Awe-inspiring and majestic (often endangered) animals get killed for entertainment, sometimes painfully so and sometimes in cruel long agony, just because that's how some people get their rocks off, as a fun day out (sometimes as a family day out, teaching kids how to)…

To get one's jollies killing animals and see them die for no reason other than sadistic pleasure: If that's not a repugnant trait, I don't know what is.

You come across as a sensitive person, I wonder if all of this doesn't bother you just a little. Next time you invite hunters over, think about it.

Personally living next door to a "hunter for fun" or living next door to a rapist, or a child molester, would give me just about the same sense of alarmed unease.

Lady, why are you in this thread? If you educate yourself and stop guessing so much you don't have to get so upset. Now you just look crazy.

Lady, why are you in this thread? If you educate yourself and stop guessing so much you don't have to get so upset. Now you just look crazy.

Everyone knows the only way to survive in Palermo Hollywood is eating the wildlife you hunt. Oh sorry, I forgot: you get your pleasure inflicting death. I guess I am not educated enough.

Nice of you to include your photograph BTW, it's good to see your dad is likely to be also your grandpa.

Everyone knows the only way to survive in Palermo Hollywood is eating the wildlife you hunt. Oh sorry, I forgot: you get your pleasure inflicting death. I guess I am not educated enough.

Nice of you to include your photograph BTW, it's good to see your dad is likely to be also your grandpa.

Lets see, by now you have called me and my son, that you know absolutely nothing about, killers and murderers. You also accuse my father of incest and say that my mother is also my sister.

Please, call me what you want I really don't care but I think you cross a line when you start to bring my family into your crazy rants. You can't pretend you have morals and then hate anonymously on the forums.

The good thing with hunting on the island is that the deer ( I don't know what kind of deer it is ) has become a problem. The rangers go out there to shoot them off regularly to manage the population. If we (the community) can make some money from it why not.
I wonder whether that is actually true, or just a fabrication put out and circulated by those involved in the hunting tourism industry to attract punters and increase their revenues.

I believe the red deer on Isla Victoria are of European and Asian descent, they are a non native species and have no natural predators. The National Park authorities control the numbers to avoid over population and destruction of the natural ecosystem. I don't think there is any legal hunting of the animals except by the national park authorities themselves. I believe it is illegal to enter the National park with a gun.

Red stags were also introduced to Argentina for hunting and some the largest herds in the world are currently here and in Chile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_deer

Argentina and Chile
[edit]

In Argentina and Chile, the red deer has had a potentially adverse impact on native animal species, such as the South Andean deer or huemul; the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources has labelled the animal as one of the world's 100 worst invaders.[sup][29][/sup]

Back