Request visa assistance

roseclip

Registered
I am a Taiwanese and planning to go to Argentina and Artarctica in early January '07. According to the visa application rule, individual traveller (Taiwanese passport holder) will need to provide the copy N.D.I. of a local Argentinean. Does any one know a local travel agent or Argentinean can do this for me? I am very willing to pay for the kind assistance.

"bjrutledge" said:
This doesn't make sense. Why do you need to provide a DNI of someone here?
As strange as it may sound to people from US or EU, she needs to get a tourist visa to enter the country. Not the one that is granted automatically at the border to the people from privileged countries, but a regular one you need to apply for, go several times to the embassy and stay in lines.
To get a regular tourist visa an invitation letter is required from a local resident with a DNI who will vouch for her, promise that he will be responsible for her expenses, that she will have a place to live during her stay etc.
If you book a hotel for the time of your vacation, hotel manager can assist you with getting such a letter, but she goes to Antarctica trip, so she needs somebody else to do it.

"bjrutledge" said:
I don't think you are going to find anyone willing to vouch for the expenses of a total stranger.

A lot of Taiwanese have immigrated to Argentina. It should be possible to contact an Argentine-Taiwanese association and get assistance through them.
I think that you're wrong, as we both know there's alot of desparation in Argentina and I bet that one could form a line of people holding their DNIs waiting to sing such a document for 2-300 pesos.

Well im sure that someone will help and not for the money and because they are desperate but because they want to.
One thing I admire about argentines is that they are not soooo desperate to do things for money only like a lot of countries I know

Luckily, the majority of Chinese in Buenos Aires' Chinatown are Taiwanese...I think.Maybe this will help: http://www.roc-taiwan.org.ar/about.html

Thanks for the address of Taipei office in Argentina. I will write to them immediately. The visa regulation maybe unreasonable and bureaucratic, but I believe the trip must worth it.

"bjrutledge" said:
Fair enough, but is this the population that is likely to be posting on this forum?

Most certainly aint. And even if someone here knows people who belong to that population it is unlikely that they'll mentioned it to them or advice them to do this.

"pericles" said:
Well im sure that someone will help and not for the money and because they are desperate but because they want to.
One thing I admire about argentines is that they are not soooo desperate to do things for money only like a lot of countries I know
Why would someone want to take all that risk?

"Elpanada" said:
Why would someone want to take all that risk?
Because he is a compassionate person in general. Or may be because he has been denied a visa in the past himself and is sick of following bureaucratic procedures.

Back