Reselling Ipads In Argentina

If you would have done a thorough market analysis, you would have skipped the peanut butter and bought this: :)
dp.jpg

ok lacoqueta..... what do you want for the maple???? you mentioned it but i figured you already had a buyer or a friend for it.....

I don't why you guys sweat customs so much. I brought 3 tablets, 2 compact cameras, a dslr, my laptop, 5 flash drives, ram for a computer, an AMD processor, and 2 bikes. I had a shoulder bag and a rolling carrying on filled with electronics. They didn't even flinch at my carry ons filled with electronics, they were more concerned about the bikes. My flight arrived here New Years Eve and nobody wanted to work. The guy at the x-ray machine didn't even get out of his chair and nobody checked my customs form that I filled out on the plane. I brought nothing in the original packages and I had doubles of nothing. Also, get off the Apple products kick too, people will pay up for Samsung too, and other Android products. You want to make some money here, go back to the states the month of December, buy up the Black Friday deals where you can cash in big and fly back so you arrive here the 31st of December, and make sure you have doubles of nothing. Put that sh!t on Mercado Libre and you will close to double your money.

A couple of years ago this was a real money making opportunity. I routinely bought the latest Apple iProducts in the US and sold my old ones for the same price I had paid new. Then, the blue dollar appeared. That changed everything as prices became out of reach for most Argentines (without cuotas), and those with the money simply went to Miami to buy what they wanted.

Craigslist is full of scammers and there are countless stories about getting paid in counterfeit bills. MercadoLibre is a difficult sell. You need to have a good rating, and even then you'll get countless messages asking for a lower price or if you want to trade for a Nokia cell phone. :) I have an iPad2 and iPhone 4 that I do not use but have not yet been bothered to even get listed yet!

l
Ghost with utmost respect I disagree....just announced I had one bottle of maple syrup that I schlepped just to sell, and no takers! Altho I prefer nut butter to maple syrup, the former is available here (dame mani is very good!) and the latter rarely...that precious 11oz of weight in my suitcase is now going to collect dust in my cupboard as I already have my own supply. Probably should have brought the nut butter instead!
Damn woman you have just blown up the last good business opertunity in Argentina.

Note that if it takes too long to sell, a new iPad comes out and yours loses value and fewer people want it because they want the new/fancier one.

Back