Residence, Attorneys, DNI...Oh My!

No. I'm only accepting applications at this time.

Apostille and translation are not required.:p

So an update of sorts. My wife and I have just begun the process back here in NYC. We are near the Argentine consulate and their website has a list of all the documents needed for the visa we are going for ("rentista/retiree"). So we have mailed off to the various state agencies for Birth certificates, wedding certificates, etc.

I have spoken with a rep at the Argentine Consulate and they have been very nice and provided a bit of information: said we will need 2 copies of all documents (as we will need a set of copies to bring down there), and when we have all are documents together we make an appointment to meet with her at the Consulate here in NYC.

I will check with her regarding the FBI v. local Police "crime report" as I was planning on just going down to 1 Police PLaza, but there is an FBI office nearby, so that seems easy enough.

I will keep everyone updated, and let you know more about the "do it yourself" debate.

Thanks so much for all the info...and White Chocolate, I will be contacting you about shippers.

I know a migraciones lawyer who is good English speaker and very reasonable price wise,he quotes in pesos send him an email at [email protected].
I had an Argentine friend come with me to migraciones to make sure I new what was going on....still had no idea????one of the monkeys working there,when I produced a docement from my accountant in England,said"how do we know he isn't dead".....well he still keeps billing me so presume he is still alive,I told her......suerte

blackburn said:
I know a migraciones lawyer who is good English speaker and very reasonable price wise,he quotes in pesos send him an email at [email protected].
I had an Argentine friend come with me to migraciones to make sure I new what was going on....still had no idea????one of the monkeys working there,when I produced a docement from my accountant in England,said"how do we know he isn't dead".....well he still keeps billing me so presume he is still alive,I told her......suerte

If you go to migraciones with the attitude that those working there are monkeys you deserve to have as much shit thrown at you as possible.

If I was the "lawyer" you referred to in your "endorsement" I would ask you to remove it, though that's not possible now that I've quoted you post.

A&A - you have to mail the FBI in order to request your report (the sample letter, etc in on their website). It takes between 8 and 12 weeks. If the consulate will accept a local police report that is great but it wouldn't hurt to send away for your FBI report just in case.

Reactions: A&A
Citygirl is right. Get the FBI one. Stick to the document they require in Argentina. The are not accepting the local police one here.

Back