Resource for finding Temporary Apartments

Ari&jojo

Registered
Hello Community,
My spouse and I are looking for a pet-friendly temporary rental apartment in Buenos Aires. It would be 6months to 1 year rental which can be furnished or unfurnished. We have flexibility in neighborhood and price range, and was wondering if anyone could recommend one (or more) of the following:

1) A trustworthy agent / property manager that has property listings?
2) An online resource directory (other than Airbnb and Mercado Libre)
3) know of a worthwhile Facebook group page that lists good properties.

Thank you in advance and have a lovely day!

Joanna

Hope it’s okay for me to add a couple of questions myself here too - I’ll be staying in Buenos Aires for 3 months later this year.

Does anybody have any recommendations for rental providers/barrios to stay in? I previously booked an Airbnb in Las Cañitas when I came earlier this year but I am sure that there are likely better/cheaper options than Airbnb, and the wider Palermo area doesn’t seem to have many options beyond one bed apartments and I’d ideally have 2 bedrooms and a home office room to work in

Airbnb rates for short-term rentals in the capital federal during our winter months are outrageously overpriced for unsuspecting tourists.

Zonaprop is one of many online housing agencies that offer temporary furnished rentals that you can see before you sign up and pay.
One pays for the barrio in which the rental apartment is located. If you're on a budget, then go to Balvanera instead of Recoleta or Las Canitas.

I doubt you will find a listing for an unfurnished apartment for a temporary rental. Why bother when you'd have to completely furnish it for your stay? Unfurnished apartments are mostly rented out on two or three year leases with a guarantee which tourists don't have.

Unfurnished means you'll probably need to provide all appliances and possibly things like light fixtures and electrical switches and plugs.

With your time frame I wouldn't even look at unfurnished options.

Airbnb rates for short-term rentals in the capital federal during our winter months are outrageously overpriced for unsuspecting tourists.

Zonaprop is one of many online housing agencies that offer temporary furnished rentals that you can see before you sign up and pay.
One pays for the barrio in which the rental apartment is located. If you're on a budget, then go to Balvanera instead of Recoleta or Las Canitas.

I doubt you will find a listing for an unfurnished apartment for a temporary rental. Why bother when you'd have to completely furnish it for your stay? Unfurnished apartments are mostly rented out on two or three year leases with a guarantee which tourists don't have.
Thank you JanTango, I appreciate the insight and the recommendation! =)

There's this Facebook Classifieds Group that has many property listings. Some are outrageously priced from my Arg pesos perspective and it's FB so buyer beware, but I've seen a few decent, furnished rentals posted there.

I'm not sure what the market has available but people looking for prices cheaper than Recoleta & Palermo could try Caballito, Villa Crespo/Chacarita, parts of Almagro, and maybe Villa Urquiza.

You can also post on Fb what you are looking for, rooms, neighborhoods, and see what comes out. Many people will be surely tempted for a long term rental. Im renting out my flat in Villa Crespo for 2 years through Airbnb it is cheap for a foreigner but expensive for a local but Buenos Aires is big thete are many oportunities

There's this Facebook Classifieds Group that has many property listings. Some are outrageously priced from my Arg pesos perspective and it's FB so buyer beware, but I've seen a few decent, furnished rentals posted there.

I'm not sure what the market has available but people looking for prices cheaper than Recoleta & Palermo could try Caballito, Villa Crespo/Chacarita, parts of Almagro, and maybe Villa Urquiza.

Villa Urquiza and Villa Ortuzar are very nice! The ambience of the neighborhood is calm, and there are fewer huge apartment towers.
You have good subway access with the B line.

I have been looking out for an opportunity there for years, but still haven't found anything.

How does Villa Crespo compare to Palermo? When I visited earlier this year I stayed in Las Cañitas which was lovely. I have been looking at month long stays on Airbnb and Villa Crespo seems to generally be cheaper and a greater proportion of properties with dedicated workspace. I’d quite like to stay in Palermo but almost all listings seem to be open plan large rooms with everything in one space which isn’t appealing since this time round I will need a dedicated workspace.

Does anybody have any suggestions for the best areas to stay that have somewhat bigger apartments with dedicated workspaces? I’m still quite unfamiliar with most barrios unfortunately having only really seen Palermo, Recoleta and Puerto Madero

Back