Resources for women who are victims of violence in their home

This forum is mostly made up of 60+ year-old straight white men. Not that I have anything against that demographic but realistically speaking, posting a resource here for women who are subject to abuse and hoping forum members won't react exactly as they just did is like throwing a sausage into a pack of hungry stray dogs and hoping they won't eat it.
I am not in that demographic, yet I still believe equality should be enjoyed by all.

I have seen many instances of husbands being verbally and on occasion physically abused by their female partners.

If the goal is to be fair and equal, this side of the equation needs to be included in the debate as well.

All too often, it is assumed that men can tough it out and have thick skin to take abuse, or as it may be called playful teasing.

NOPE! All wrong. Everyone has feelings and they can be hurt by others. Men are not machines, they are people.

This is the fundamental problem I have with this whole black lives matter thing ... EVERYONE's life matters!

And until, everyone is important, we have a societal problem that won't heal itself.

So in the debate of equality, in my view it is the same.

I almost didn’t reply to this thread at all. It is in the women’s section of the forum and talking about a form of help for women suffering abuse. I am not a woman and don’t abuse my wife, so it wasn’t for me. I don’t disagree with what the men are saying here, but I am not sure why those felt the need to derail the thread. If there is concern about men not having the same kind of help, create a thread about it. This thread had nothing to do with what is ultimately being discussed here.

In the interest of maintaining the topic of the thread, it is a good thing women have this resource, even if men may not.

And fair and equal only works when it is both ways. When the proportion of abuse is equal, perhaps the problem of abuse will be treated equally.

This forum is mostly made up of 60+ year-old straight white men. Not that I have anything against that demographic but realistically speaking, posting a resource here for women who are subject to abuse and hoping forum members won't react exactly as they just did is like throwing a sausage into a pack of hungry stray dogs and hoping they won't eat it.
Saying you have nothing against a certain demographic and then proceed to compare it to a pack of hungry dogs, kinda disrespects said demographic and gives me a pretty good idea of your concept of "not having anything against......''
I apologize for asking, but since there is no resources for abused men in this forum, i thought it was a valid question.
And to all 60 plus straight white men, you have the right to be quiet and be wrong all the time, we don't want to provoke any type of constructive thoughts.'' realistically speaking'' , of course....

Firstly, thanks to the OP for sharing this.

Secondly, to all those who are in this thread disruptively, derailing, and showing your true colours. Shame on you.

For the rest of you, and specially for any undecided passers by who may be swayed by the retrograde MRA rhetoric above; here is an article from a few years ago to shed some light, based on facts and research, rather than speculation and 'old husband's tales' types of logic.

Cheers!

Firstly, thanks to the OP for sharing this.

Secondly, to all those who are in this thread disruptively, derailing, and showing your true colours. Shame on you.

For the rest of you, and specially for any undecided passers by who may be swayed by the retrograde MRA rhetoric above; here is an article from a few years ago to shed some light, based on facts and research, rather than speculation and 'old husband's tales' types of logic.

Cheers!

So by participating in the thread and commenting on it from a different perspective it is considered derailing?

I reject that as I consider it a way to stifle the other side. If the debate is open, it's got to be open for all.

Everyone matters, not some specific group, demographic or whoever cries the loudest for attention. Nothing can or will change my mind on the topic.

Until, as a civilization / people the word "we" can mean us all, every single one of us, we will never evolve to a greater future together.

We are one species, on one planet, we all matter. And no one matters more than any other.

How can you argue against this idea?

Everyone matters, not some specific group, demographic or whoever cries the loudest for attention. Nothing can or will change my mind on the topic.

Until, as a civilization / people the word "we" can mean us all, every single one of us, we will never evolve to a greater future together.

We are one species, on one planet, we all matter. And no one matters more than any other.

And if you do, you are not for equality in my view.

So by participating in the thread and commenting on it from a different perspective it is considered derailing?

I reject that as I consider it a way to stifle the other side. If the debate is open, it's got to be open for all.
But what debate was opened? The OP offered no opinion, made no comparisons to abuse against men, and posted it in the women section of the forum. This was simply passing on information for women who may make the most of it. You are correct abuse happens against men too, but why did it need to be discussed in this thread? Just because it’s a subject in the ballpark?

There are no different perspectives to the information in the OP. Women have a resource for help, it’s a good thing. “What about men?” Was the first reply. The thread starter did not hint to know “what about men”. I for one would welcome a thread about abuse towards men.

No of course everyone matters, but that’s a given. Black lives matters means that we must wake up to the face that the black population is being, and has historically, been treated badly (euphemism!). The original post here wasn’t opening a debate, it was a notice. In a similar way nobody (respectfully) came to my post asking for a dentist telling me where I could get an ear nose and throat doctor.

Back