Restaurant advice in MVD

PhilipDT

Registered
Decided to go to MVD tomorrow for a day trip. What's the best restaurant over there in your opinions. I like all types of food, value is more important than price.

For example I think Tomo I is probably the best food in Buenos Aires (and some of the best i've had around the world actually), anything of that caliber in MVD?

Personal recommendations? Frommers and Trip Advisor have conflicting things to say.

It's no Lima, so I'd probably just go to one of the top chivito spots (probably Marco's) and to the market for a typical parilla-choose which looks best to you because they're all pretty much the same though I think they have much better chimi and salsa criolla. We chased down good restaurants, none were memorable. It's pretty much more of the same when you're coming from BA.....next time head to Chile!

jb5 said:
It's no Lima, so I'd probably just go to one of the top chivito spots (probably Marco's) and to the market for a typical parilla-choose which looks best to you because they're all pretty much the same though I think they have much better chimi and salsa criolla. We chased down good restaurants, none were memorable. It's pretty much more of the same when you're coming from BA.....next time head to Chile!

Bit harder to do a day trip.

If you're taking the boat into the Port, there's a touristy little market right out the gates and across the street and you can do parrilla or chipirones like these:

2009-07-25_180058_chipirones_con_almendra_y_perejil.jpg

mcaffa said:
Having lunch at Mercado del Puerto is a MUST if you love parrilla. Be sure to order a bottle of medio y medio.

This is the place that I was talking about. When boats aren't about to depart, this place is dead as a doornail. Then a couple of hours before boats departs, it springs to life and fills up. The parrillas are something to behold. (I have several pictures from different visits.) But it's almost like Disneyland/Disney World after hours the way it shuts down when tourists aren't passing through. Almost spooky.

Back