Restaurant advice

Good luck and please share recommendations and un-recommendations for all places you went to. As for buffet style I like La Bistecca, but service there is nit good..

I saw some comments on here about how horrible the Mexican food is here and I 100% agree except for one place....Xalapa in Palermo is REAL authentic Mexican food, more authentic than most of the restaurants in the states and is awesome awesome awesome!!

Here's some info in terms of where it is, give it a shot...I always get the Mole with chicken and the servings are huge. The margaritas are solid, and it's tough to fck up Coronas :)

http://www.restaurantexalapa.com.ar/Ubicacion.htm

Will defo try the mexican place. Also saw one in godoy cruz near palermo station that is meant to be good.
Miranda is an awesome parrilla that's veggie friendly. They also brought out a couple of english menu's. Everyone had a great meal including the vegetarians; it was pretty perfect to be honest. defo recommend booking ahead as it was full the whole time we were there.
Bio is a quality veggie/vegan restaurant and I would happily go there again. They had a really creative menu.
BsAs Verde was good for lunch. It has a lot of raw stuff and fresh juices.
Kensho was more of a top end veggie restaurant but you get what you pay for, it was fantastic
Garden - it think is the name - it's opp. Catedral subte on Florida and I think it's really just a juice bar but we tried the lunch and it was pretty shocking. The only miss during the week
We also went to the Japanese Gardens restaurant and it was ok. Pretty expensive and they served up some salmon by accident for my veggie family but the meat was good.
All in all I would say Bio was the best veggie place for value for money but Kensho if you want something a bit special

lewitravel said:
Will defo try the mexican place. Also saw one in godoy cruz near palermo station that is meant to be good.

Maria Felix? What I got there was not good (gristle-y chicken enchiladas with gross cheese), but I saw steaming plates of fajita meat go by several times and that looked and smelled great. Perhaps I just ordered the wrong thing. The giant margaritas were pretty good, but it's one of the pricier Mexican places. Big menu, which is nice. The decor was cool and the service was good.

Another good veggie option that pleases a mixed crowd is Cafe Rivas in San Telmo. I am thinking specifically of the pizzeta with brie or the brie and pear salad, but I think they have other veggie options as well. They also have beef and pasta and stuff, all very good. The inside is beautiful and it's like stepping into a time machine in terms of low prices. Smoked salmon pasta is 28 pesos if I remember correctly. And it's good!

Back