Restaurants To Avoid

I could be a lot more forgiving if they didn't price themselves out of forgiveness. They've put themselves at the top end of BA restaurants and at the top consistency in quality should be superb.

The portions were far too large. Unsalted tartare is unforgivable even for an off night. Dried out and/or over set gelled bell pepper juice was molded into little cylinders like used tampons and served in two different dishes on the same menu. The ceviche seriously lacked acidity and again, salt. The more I remember the sourer my opinion gets.

Beautiful setting though and great service.

I personally prefer modest-sized portions, but I can't recall Pura Tierra ever over-filling the plate.

Argentine food is almost invariably oversalted, so I would never complain about lack of NaCl.

I've always considered their prices modest for the caliber of the food.

Just to add that those criticisms of Pura Tierra are extremely out of sync with anything I have experienced or read.

I have eaten at Los Pinos several times over many years. Ate there twice last year and the food was quite good and not expensive. Both times were Sunday at lunch and most the clientele was the same both times

I have eaten at Los Pinos several times over many years. Ate there twice last year and the food was quite good and not expensive. Both times were Sunday at lunch and most the clientele was the same both times
I've always had a very good meal at Los Pinos. Their bife de lomo is excellent and half a portion is plenty. I've also had some very good pasta. It's a family run restaurant that's always full with folks from the barrio. Definitely recommend.

To avoid.

Le Pharmacie - Palermo
Pura Tierra - Belgrano
Fleur de Sel - Belgrano
Feira - Caballito
MADD Burgers - Belgrano
Siga la Vaca - various locations
The Italian restaurant en la recova.
Lotus Thai - Belgrano
Prosciutto - various locations.

And many more this list could go on forever.

Which Italian restaurant in la Recova? Pieggari? What's wrong with it? It's long been a leading restaurant. Waiters can be arrogant however.

Back