Return of the Cepo (Currency Clamp)

you continue to misunderstand my original post. what i said has zero to do with macri's policy. i was calling out the stupidity of, what appears to be a totally baseless claim, that AF allegedly proposed "only" 2k so therefore he is some sort of hero and bajo gets to call out macri for making the worse decision for the economy.

I just like you once to acknowledge that Macri created bad policies and for this reason Argentina has been returned to Peronismo .

As of noon today, Western Union will pay $78.70 pesos per dollar for transfers initiated on line and paid for and picked up in cash.

PS: There are about $15 USD in fees charged for the transaction, regardless of the amount of the transfer.
For me,the Western Union app gives me 61 pesos for 1 dollar when buying pesos with dollars. If I enter 96 dollars (4 dollar fee) and choose bank account as the source of the money I get 6101 pesos to pickup in Argentina. They give the rate as 63.5558, so if a larger amount is transferred it would offset the fee. Ambito is giving 63/66 as sell/buy for the Blue, so WU is in line with the Blue which I think is better than what I used to get with Xoom - if my memory serves me - which it doesn't a lot of times....

Last edited:
I just like you once to acknowledge that Macri created bad policies and for this reason Argentina has been returned to Peronismo .

Did Argentina ever leave Peronismo in any meaningful way? Seems to me it’s the default system always waiting in the wings when it becomes clear there isn’t a quick fix to decades of corruption and mismanagement.

Back