Returning after a lengthy overstay?

mimyr

Registered
I lived in Argentina on the 90 day tourist visa for about a year and a half back in 2014-2015. Now I'm thinking about returning just for actual tourism, but I'm worried about getting turned away at the border. I paid the fee before I left as was legally required, and I've gotten a renewed passport since then, but I figure there's a good chance I'm in a database somewhere. Does anyone know if there's a risk of not being allowed back in? If so, is there anything I can do to mitigate the risk, such as paying the reciprocity fee again? Or having a certain lawyer on speed dial?

turned away at the border?
You're in their database. If you paid the fee, what's the problem.
Plan on respecting the 90 day limit and avoid future problems if you want to enter again.

As long as you paid the overstay fee before you left as you said you did, you shouldn’t have any problem. I know people who have done this more than 10 times and they’ve never had the slightest of issues when returning. It’s Argentina. You will struggle to find a country on this planet as relaxed as this one when it comes to this sort of stuff. Immigration agents here turn a blind eye to people living here for years upon years on a tourist visa. Try doing that anywhere in Europe, North America, Australia, Asia for example.. you’d be getting deported and probably a banning order from the country. Relax and enjoy!

Back