Returning to Argentina after long previous overstay

Salinan

Registered
Hi Everyone. I have a visa question. i can't find the answer in any threads or other threads are too old

The question : previously i overstayed a rather long period, twelve months, in Argentina. I payed the fine at the immigration office and didn't get a stamp in my Passport.
Right now i want to return to Argentina. Is there a chance i will be refused to enter the country at the airport?
Thanks in advance!
😀

Why don't you consult with the Argentina Consulate in your country and ask if you will be denied entry for overstaying your visa.

I know Argentinians who overstayed in the US and were denied entry for years or permanently. That probably wouldn't happen today in view of the fact that the borders are wide open to those who can manage to sneak in.

I had an overstay of 2 years and had no problem coming back in September, after staying in the USA for 2 months. I also had a previous overstay before that and 2 times I had not overstayed but had gone for couple weeks and then returned before that. I did not have any problems coming back each time. Nor have I heard of anyone having problems.

Why don't you consult with the Argentina Consulate in your country and ask if you will be denied entry for overstaying your visa.

I know Argentinians who overstayed in the US and were denied entry for years or permanently. That probably wouldn't happen today in view of the fact that the borders are wide open to those who can manage to sneak in.
With all my respect, the standard reply from a Consulate is "apply for the proper visa" and, once you warn them, they red flag you in the system.

I overstayed my visa in Chile 12 months and got In serious trouble, passport confiscated for weeks while the police investigated me and what I had been doing in Chile. They let me back in the next year no questions asked. I can't Imagine Argentina being stricter than Chile on any topic

Back