Returning to US - dogs

ghost said:
You may run into some blackout times because of the summer temps in Miami. Check American and Lan. AA arrives eraly in the AM and LAN has a flight that arrives around 11PM.
I would [did] avoid Aerolineas AR

Ghost, any idea if the blackout is for whole days, or just some hours of each day?

soulskier said:
Ghost, any idea if the blackout is for whole days, or just some hours of each day?
I am not sure. It seems to be related to hours of arrival.

Hi mark I dont know a lot about the issue you are dealing with but i know one thing: aerolineas argentinas is not very responsible with anything, I´ve had such terrible experiences on delays and cancellation of flights with them, that I would Never trust them with my dog. I don´t mean to make bad publicity n them but I just warn you because I know a pet is not a suitcase or a box, and you should really flight with someone you can trust. Hope everything works out!

Soulskier,
I researched this recently from ATL to EZE on Delta. They blackout May 15 to Sept 15, all times of the day, for animals checked as baggage under the plane. This is due to possible high temps while waiting on the ground in Atlanta.
One option they did offer during the blackout dates was to ship your pet as cargo.
This was rather high for my 70 lb dog + 30 lb crate- $1400 one way.
Delta's options are http://www.delta.com/planning_reser...nformation/pet_travel_options/index.jsp#cargo
Good luck!
Brandon

CarlyB said:
Also, Mark, since you've been here for a bit, if you could post any great resources you've discovered here in BsAs, that would be great!
Buena suerte,
Carly

Hi Carly,
In my opinion, the best resource here in BsAs you already know about. And that is this forum and the many kind people here. There is an email list I'm a member of that is also extremely helpful.

Thanks to everyone for the help with airlines to get back home. Since we are flying into Miami the choices for direct flights are American, LAN Argentina, and Aerolineas Argentina. I'm a little biased so we'll go with American as they seem to be the best choice at this point.

Thank you!

Back