Review of one of the top 2 restaurants in Ushuaia

French jurist

Registered
Two weeks ago, had the chance to have a nice lunch at "Chez Manu" in Ushuaia. Quite good reviews in Trip Advisor and such so I gave it a try.

- Place: outside of Ushuaia (cab is mandatory), up the hills with a splendid view over the hills and bay.
- Service : the chef is French so it's a bit biased. The waitress sucked big time (totally forgot us at the end of the lunch, lack of education otherwise, negative point).
- Food : we had a King Crab priced for about the same as in the city itself (in inferior restaurants), was fresh & great. Then came a lamb cooked with two different methods, it was really good, the vegetables were not cooked as well as in one of the best Bs As restaurant (Le Sud to name it, but Le Sud is just way superior and certainly in the top 5 of Argentinean restaurants). The dessert, an "omelette norvégienne" (baked Alaska), was just ok.

Price tag: around 700 pesos for two with two reasonably priced bottles of wine (in the hundred).

What I really liked (crab + lamb were great though) was the view.

P1010492.jpg

P1010499.jpg

P1010511.jpg

Sounds great, I will check it out. Do not under any circumstances miss going to Tia Elvira next time you are in Ushuaia. Booking a table in advance is essential, otherwise they will turn you away even if it's empty. That place has an aura about it, you know its the business just smelling the fresh linen on the tables as you sit down, and the food is wonderfull.

Back