Ria Money Transfer - Usd Pickup

New record for me today. 90 minutes from when I initiated the transfer on Ria to posted in my bank account. (They physically deposit at the bank). Again, I always email the declaration immediately to Argenper. Now, I simply white out the amount on the form and write in the new number. The whole process is about 5 minutes.

I'm also well over the limits for 30 days that used to cause me problems with Xoom.

You're welcome and you have apparently cleared the first hurdle. When I tried to make a RIA transfer without a VPN I got the "can't be done from Argentina" message immediately.

Successfully picked up some pesos today @ the rate of 14.5/US$ (fixed rate confirmed last Wednesday upon initiation of the transfer). I took the relatively cheaper bank transfer route (vs. debt/credit card) and it took longer than expected (likely given Labor Day in the U.S.) but it worked fine. RIA says all you need is a passport and the pin # they provide but the guy @ Magui Express on Pueyrredón didn't care about the pin but instead asked for my local address, the exact amount I was expecting to receive and a local phone number, then proceeded to info-molest my passport for five minutes while I assume he was creating my profile in his system.

Thanks to everyone for the info!

I tried using a VPN over the weekend to do a Smallworld transfer and it blocked my account. When I can finally get through to customer service I need to determine if this was the reason it was blocked.

I have access to my Smallworld account again now however when trying to complete the payment I keep being taken to Barclaycard who is processing the card payment and says the transaction is invalid. Ive tried creating new transactions and have the same issue. Im wondering if Barclays will not process the transaction because I have my VPN set to the UK. Either way paying by bank card does not appear to be an option for Smallworld given its restriction on the use of debit cards outside of the UK.

Hi! What do they ask when they call u? do they always call u to confirm? thank u!

I have access to my Smallworld account again now however when trying to complete the payment I keep being taken to Barclaycard who is processing the card payment and says the transaction is invalid. Ive tried creating new transactions and have the same issue. Im wondering if Barclays will not process the transaction because I have my VPN set to the UK. Either way paying by bank card does not appear to be an option for Smallworld given its restriction on the use of debit cards outside of the UK.

Indeed, I had the same issue a few weeks ago, and it was the same story with Azimo (which has worse rates anyway). I just did a bank transfer and all was fine. I was trying to think of options if I needed to use the card and could not do a bank transfer. A VPN didn't work for me either, my account was blocked too. The only other thing I could think is that you have someone you trust in the UK to do the transfer from there for you with your details.

As I said, bank transfer worked and in fact was arguably easier.

Back