Rice Krispies

Actually I found Rice Krispies the other day at Coto at Pueyrredon y French:

deleteme.jpg

the Carrefour on Aguero & Beruti had marshmallows today, I looked at the package and it said the flavor was vanilla despite the swirled colors. They are 50+ pesos though so I didn't have enough $ on me to buy them, I'll probably go back in the next few days though so if I do I'll let you know how they taste.

Just picked up the marshmallows @ carrefour and they are indeed vanilla aka normal flavored. If you go they're in the bread aisle under the chocolate. Good luck! off to make myself some rice crispy treats right now :) Although I'm not sure they won't turn out grey I know they will taste normal heh!

I have an idea for rice krispies treats.
First, i already picked some up in the UK so my daughter was happy, but now the fix is gone need to make some,,

My idea is:
To buy the kind as photographed above, they usuaullty have them in Makro and Diarco.
Once you find the rice krispies the next big challange is marshmellows.
They are very hard to come by, and then they are very pricy forna small quantity.
My solution would be to prepare or buy from a bakery, the soft marengue. It tastes exactly like melted marshmellow and it should be possible and inexpensive to buy some from a bakery. Even though they usually would not offer to sell the soft unbaked marengue. But just ask tell them you made a lemon pie and messed up the marengue and you are stuck and need to serve it for dinner..
Then they will feel sorry for you and sell you some marengue.
Post back if you tried this method and if it tasted good. I will also try it as soon as I get rice krispies, they already know me at the local Rocca so I can score some soft pre made marengue there...

Victory is mine!! I got the crocrantes de arroz at the Coto mentioned, thank you, and found these tiny bags of marshmallows in Barrio Chino- don't remember the individual price per bag but ended up around 40pesos for enough to make two batches of treats. They came out pretty good, all my classmates thought they were made with honey, and to be honest, didn't seem too crazy about them (cultural tastes you know) but they appreciated the gesture. To my well seasoned Rice Krispie taste buds they weren't incredible, but they did to tide me over until my departure (sadly in less than 2 weeks).

Yeah sorry they didn't turn out that great... I ate those rice krispies I bought in the picture above and they weren't that great... they had kind of a "not so fresh" taste to them... shocking that yet another food item was of bad quality here in Argentina....

Back