Ridiculous New Laws Targeting The Motorbike Community

Gringoboy

Registered
Here we go again.
Just because the government is unable to combat armed gangs and robbers (motochorros) who use motorbikes to kill and rob, law abiding bikers will have to be marked out by the obligatory use of a reflective vest with the bike registration printed on it as well as on the helmet.
This has already been tried unsuccessfully when Scioli was governor of BA Province and in fact the crime rate involving criminals on bikes has increased with no let up.
The criminals are also stealing law abiding bikers' wheels and grabbing their helmets and vests to carry out their nefarious deeds.
Further, they are imposing a ban on two people riding on one bike at certain hours.
I often wear a reflective vest over my jacket, but that's a personal choice for safety reasons and not because I feel obliged to and certainly not for showing the world my bike registration number. That's why we have number plates ffs.
Now we're are all going to be marked out as criminals, whilst the police turn a blind eye to those that ride bikes without helmets, insurance or driving licenses. In fact, out of every one person who rides a bike in this country, there are at least ten who either don´t wear a helmet or carry it under their arm just to fill up with petrol. And let´s not even talk about the families of five, including babies and pets who roam the city on scooters with no protection or insurance at all.

lFVAdFT.jpg

The police simply couldn´t give a f*ck and are more interested in fining bikers who look as if they can afford to pay a fine., so when the next massive bike rally is announced, I'll be there.
Desperate measures from a desperate government.

Oh and let's not forget this:
Fz3ZiD7.jpg

I heard today they are also going to start towing bikes.
Yes, they started lifting bikes from the pavement (sidewalk) for being illegally parked. Hardly surprising when people barely have room to pass.
No outcry from us because we know how wrong it is.
WrUs6Au.jpg

The bikes are a major traffic hassle. This is good news.

The bikes are a major traffic hassle. This is good news.
What's good news Ceviche?
That we all have to wear our vehicle reg splattered all over our bodies or that they're lifting badly parked bikes?

Motorcyclists in BA are often ride like dangerous daredevils. Worse than auto/taxi/bus drivers. I'm not sure the vest/helmet registration requirement will prevent crime much less improve cyclists' driving problems, but I sure would like to see better police enforcement for all drivers, motorcyclists included. I never see police giving traffic tickets and I am on the road a lot since I frequently accompany my novia from her home in San Fernando to her shop in Barrio Norte. I can't believe how bad and dangerous the drivers are.

If you want to have a sense of the local citizens' attitude towards the law, take a look at the drivers, the way people walk on the sidewalks, and the laughably decipherable stream of gobbleygook that concludes some radio/tv commercials (apparently intended to satisfy a legal requirement for inclusion in the commercial). All are examples of the disrespect for the law and disrespect for their fellow citizens, a shameful national characteristic of Argies/Portenos.

I agree Julian and possibly the most dangerous of all are the delivery bikers who have no respect for any rules of the road. Red lights particularly.
But the point here, since I´m a biker and not a weekender, that marking us out is a total waste of time and will be laughed at by the criminals who use stolen bikes for their own purposes.
Catch em and string em up instead.

Not to worry, moto folk.
Many years ago (10 ?) the city cracked down on motorcyclists.Everyone and their passengers had to wear a helmet. This lasted for about 2 weeks and then off with the helmets.
Shortly thereafter, the city cracked down on drivers .Anyone driving or riding in a car had to wear a seatbelt. Guess what? After about 2 weeks, and then off with the seatbelts.
History will undoubetedly repeat itself.
Life in the 4th world.

Thousands of bikers will be converging on 9 de Julio at The Obelisk and thence to The Congress at 1700 on Weds, so if you like the sound of bike engines roaring, might be worth a look.
Unlike other marches, the idea isn't to disrupt other road users by the way.

The new 'law' comes into force on 15th June, so here's a lawyer's point of view...
ALGUNOS ASPECTOS LEGALES DEL CHALECO Y CASCO

Muchos motociclistas han hablado sobre lo ineficaz de una medida como la que se pretende instalar. Todos ellos han dado argumentos tan racionales, y tan ciertos, que no se alcanza a comprender el objeto de insistir con una reglamentación en este sentido.
Como algunos saben yo soy abogado y, por ello, quería aportar algunos argumentos más a la discusión. Tan absurdo es el decreto desde la total ineficacia con el objetivo que se pretende alcanzar, como absurdo con su constitucionalidad.
Voy a tratar de decirlo en palabras simples. Como todos hemos estudiado en el colegio, la Constitución Nacional establece como forma de gobierno el republicano. Esto significa, que tenemos tres poderes, el legislativo, el ejecutivo y el judicial. El Poder Ejecutivo, puede reglamentar las leyes, pero no puede legislar. Esta última atribución está reservada únicamente para los representantes del pueblo que están en el Poder Legislativo.
El Decreto 171/2017 que nos quieren imponer, surge como reglamentario de la ley de tránsito 24.449. Un decreto reglamentario, no puede crear nuevas figuras, puesto que esto sería legislar. Para ser más claro, si la ley de tránsito dijera que tenemos que usar un chaleco con la patente impresa, el Poder Ejecutivo podría reglamentar esa figura estableciendo el color o dimensiones del chaleco y la patente. Pero si la ley no establece la utilización del chaleco, ningún decreto puede crear tal figura. Ello es, sin dudas, legislar. Y por tanto, es anticonstitucional. La única obligación que establece la ley 24449 con relación al tema que plantea el Decreto 171/2017, es el uso de casco. Nada más. La ley no dice otra cosa que el conductor y el acompañante deben usar cascos homologados y que el no usarlos es considerado falta grave. Todo el resto, es invención del decreto que lo hace inconstitucional desde lo formal.
En el único caso que la Constitución Nacional permite al Poder Ejecutivo "legislar", es con la sanción de un Decreto de Necesidad y Urgencia (DNU). Claro que en estos supuestos, deben fundarse tales extremos y luego someterlos al análisis del Congreso. Sin embargo, en este caso, el Poder Ejecutivo sanciona la norma aclarando que es un decreto reglamentario.
Expresado en pocas palabras las razones de la inconsitucionalidad del Decreto desde su aspecto formal, vamos a analizar un poco los aspectos más relevantes de lo sustancial de la norma.
La Constitución Nacional, en su artículo 16, establece que todos somos iguales ante la ley. Sin embargo, el decreto parte del absurdo prejuicio, que las salideras bancarias y otros arrebatos son realizados a bordo de motocicletas. Que la facilidad de su adquisición por sus menores costos, ha hecho que las mismas sean utilizadas para cometer delitos, y , por tanto, los motociclistas ya no somos iguales al resto de las personas. No somos iguales a aquellos que conducen autos, camiones, bicicletas o caminan (y que también pueden y comenten delitos). Los motociclista somos sospechosos que debemos identificarnos en forma previa. Lo que también va en contra de otro principio constitucional, que es la presunción de inocencia. Esta norma, lejos de considerar la igualdad entre todos los argentinos, nos coloca a los motociclistas en una posición que nos estigmatiza y nos margina.
Otro cuestión que no es menor, es que se vulneran pactos internacionales sobre derechos humanos. Recordemos que los pactos y tratados internacionales son incorporados a la Constitución con su mismo rango en la reforma de 1994. En efecto, se está vulnerando mi derecho humano y personalísimo a elegir la vestimenta que quiero usar. Cuando se dice que las personas no se patentan, nos estamos refiriendo a eso. Una máquina, puede ser objeto de reglamentación en su aspecto, sin embargo, un ser humano no. Salvo en regímenes totalitarios, a nadie se le ocurriría decir cómo deben vestirse sus ciudadanos. Bueno, esta norma, me dice que debo usar. Es más, si no uso un chaleco, me explica como debe ser mi ropa (artículo 1°, en su apartado j.3.5. referido al artículo 40 del Anexo 1 del Decreto N° 779/95).
Hay muchas otras objeciones por realizar, sin embargo, creo que éstas pueden dar un poco más de luz para nuestros reclamos.

Back