Rio De La Plata Sailing Trips

Aleina Dee

Registered
We have 4 spaces this Saturday afternoon to spend a few hours on the river on a sailboat, letting the wind blow around your nose and relax a little from everyday city life.
It is a 3 hour+ trip that includes a snack and a beer. Price per person is 400 pesos.
If you are interested please send me a pm.

With all due respect, can I ask some questions?

How big is the boat, in hull length?
How many passengers will be aboard?
How experienced is the skipper overall? With the River Platte specifically?
How many crew, in addition to the captain?
How experienced are the crew overall? With the River Platte specifically?
What's the forecast, weather-wise?
A three-hour+ trip in the afternoon could mean returning to dock close to dusk; what are your approximate expectations for times of departure and return?

Again, much respect, and these questions are not meant to imply anything disparaging :)

Redpossum, your questions are very welcome. It is something I would have written to you anyway at some point during the conversation if you had showed any interest in booking. Below my answers.
As your questions are mainly directed at security though I will answer an additional question you missed and that is that the boat is equipped with all and more than Coastguard regulations require eg Vhf radio, higher number of signal flares and fire extinguishers than required etc.
We take security seriously and have cancelled quite a few outings on the threat of worsening weather even if the chances were minimal and possibly would only detract from your enjoyment rather than present an actual problem. Our view is that if you do not enjoy our trips you do not recommend us, so we rather lose your money than our reputation.

A view from someone who sailed with us :
http://baexpats.org/topic/28468-magical-sunset-sailing-on-rio-de-la-plata/page__hl__%2Bmagical+%2Bsunset+%2Bsailing

With all due respect, can I ask some questions?

How big is the boat, in hull length? 25 ft
How many passengers will be aboard? Between 1 and 4 passengers. Anything beyond that would be uncomfortable and unsafe
How experienced is the skipper overall? With the River Platte specifically? Rio de la Plata license with 20 years experience of RDLP and Parana river
How many crew, in addition to the captain? One crew member although only really needed in more complicated weather conditions .
How experienced are the crew overall? With the River Platte specifically? 4 years
What's the forecast, weather-wise? Saturday has a mixed panorama. Ukmet and GFS however all agree that Saturday after the initial rain should be a sterling day with soft breezes that would appeal to non sailors and sailors alike.
A three-hour+ trip in the afternoon could mean returning to dock close to dusk; what are your approximate expectations for times of departure and return? Expectations are for a departure at noon depending on weather conditions and tidal conditions of course which we will monitor until the last minute.

Again, much respect, and these questions are not meant to imply anything disparaging :)

Back