RIP Azimo! Was anyone using them to send money from the UK? Desperately need an alternative!

Gorilla Monsoon

Registered
I was using Azimo to send money to myself (via Arpenger) for the past 5 years or so (at the blue rate!) but got an email from them saying they're no longer in business. Anyone know of an alternative? I need to send myself monthly salary payments paid into my UK HSBC bank account. Any recommendations/help appreciated!

Jtee125

Registered
I was using Azimo to send money to myself (via Arpenger) for the past 5 years or so (at the blue rate!) but got an email from them saying they're no longer in business. Anyone know of an alternative? I need to send myself monthly salary payments paid into my UK HSBC bank account. Any recommendations/help appreciated!
I had used them earlier this year and was hoping to use them later this month! From a quick reopen of the app, they seem to offer remitly as an alternative and looking at their website they seem to offer GBP->ARS

Gorilla Monsoon

Registered
I had used them earlier this year and was hoping to use them later this month! From a quick reopen of the app, they seem to offer remitly as an alternative and looking at their website they seem to offer GBP->ARS
Yes but with Remitly you have to transfer to an ARG bank account which I prefer not to do. Azimo with Arpenger was a great alternative :(

Jtee125

Registered
Yes but with Remitly you have to transfer to an ARG bank account which I prefer not to do. Azimo with Arpenger was a great alternative :(
What is the difference? Sorry, I am unfamiliar with what happens behind the scenes, though I also have to find an alternative to Azimo

Jtee125

Registered
Ah, interesting. I’m wondering now whether it’d be a good idea for me to change pounds into dollars before flying to Argentina later this month - though I’m not keen on using Florida street

Johnny

Registered
Ah, interesting. I’m wondering now whether it’d be a good idea for me to change pounds into dollars before flying to Argentina later this month - though I’m not keen on using Florida street
The cuevas downtown and elsewhere are generally very safe. Don't be misled by the fear mongers.

Gorilla Monsoon

Registered
I exchanged dollars through a company on WhatsApp recently, delivered to my door on same day I ordered. Very professional service. DM me if you want their contact details.

tangobob

Registered
I have been in contact with Remitly. I also used to pick my money up from Argenper, The contact at Remitly just said it would work the same. He did not seem to have a lot of idea. I will not be in BsAs until the end of the year, if anyone can help with this before then, I would be most grateful.

Jtee125

Registered
I have been in contact with Remitly. I also used to pick my money up from Argenper, The contact at Remitly just said it would work the same. He did not seem to have a lot of idea. I will not be in BsAs until the end of the year, if anyone can help with this before then, I would be most grateful.
I’ll be coming to BsAs next week from the U.K., I’ll try to give remitly a go later in the month and see how it goes